Who Says A Desk Needs 4 Legs?

Alexandre Boucher believes you only need one. A tabletop is carefully balanced on one large offset pillar. This minimalistic approach creates a sense of openness above and below the table, as if it were levitating.

Designer: Alexandre Boucher

levitation table

• Bob Zilla says:

Counterweights aren’t anything special. Think forklifts. Even if that column weighed 1000 lbs, the table would tip over the minute some jackass decided to sit on the end of it.

• DenniZ says:

that one pillar needs to be very very heavy if you ask me…
    I don’t think it’s designed for sitting on, but you do want it to resist pushing off while standing up, which creates a force of 20kg minimum.
    But it looks lovely and ou don’t have to carry it around anywhere, so just place it and Enjoy!

• Not suitable for a heavy stuff to put on it. Maybe it can be coffee table.

• Not suitable for a heavy stuff to put on it. Maybe it can be coffee table.

• dave says:

it’s avery nice table
    I’m sure it’s attached tothe floor

• jean says:

yeah, you can always fasten it to the floor.

• Thai says:

Great design and idea. But again, the base would have to be very heavy. As well, the table top would have to be very stiff, and along with that the added weight of such materials to prevent flex.

• powers says:

Minimalist. Minimalist approach. Minimalist.

I love the design by the way. See also “Surface Table” from Established & Sons.

• bob says:

If it flared out at the bottom it would be a lot more stable

• joshua says:

where do i get one???

The only problem is that the base would have to be very heavy in order to support the weight on the actual table…

fix that small problem and i’ll buy one!

• Brennan says:

I have to agree with Mr. Zilla at the top of the comments there, the base weight is almost irrelevant if it has such a small footprint on the floor.

You would have to flare it out significantly or bolt the table to the floor securely (both suggested above)

I love the style, though, fabulous.

• Olivia says:

Fanntastic blog! Do you have anny recommendations for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own website soon buut I’m a little
    lost on everything. Would you advise starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for
    a paid option? There are so many options out there that I’m totally confused ..

Any ideas? Kudos!