Liquid Skin – Drinking from a Fountain With Bare Hands by Barbara Ambrosz & Karin Stiglmair

The concept of Liquid Skin is based on elementary human gestures of drinking from a fountain with bare hands. The glass functions as a thin layer between one’s hands and liquids. It creates awareness and leads the way to new rituals of drinking. There are two possibilities of positioning the cup on the table – upright or top down. Accordingly it can serve as an everyday design product or a scuplture. The object is an asymmetric oval. There are two indentations on the sides for thumbs or fingers. The cup can be held in any position suitable for drinking purposes.

Designer: Barbara Ambrosz & Karin Stiglmair [ Via: Designer’s Block ]

• Big in Japan says:

c’mon, people, this is just another glass bowl. typical work of a lazy wannabe famous without a real idea.
    watch me practicing that special connection between me and liquids in a crowded subway or … whatever … “new rituals”….. OMG LMAO hahaha

• If this is your first time to our site please click on About Us and take a few minutes to read it.
    It presents a clear picture of who we are, what we do and our approach to fountains.
    We take great pride in our line of free-standing fountains like the Spiralena pictured below.
    Our fountain kits include all the parts required to build a complete fountain.

• Carl says:

agree with big in japan. i think a more pertinant use for this item would be scooping up washing powder.

• moozley says:

it looks like a urinal

• ere time says:

looks like an upside down mouse

• christina says:

I think it is a pretty unique and well thought-out idea. I have not seen anything like it before that functions in the same way. People tend to hate simple ideas that become successful because they didnt think of it first.

• Cye says:

I do agree. Although I can see it from everyone else's view as well. Which by everyone I mean the people who have posted above you. I think it is a cute idea, even though it is very simple. There are plenty of things in this world that others have enjoyed and use everyday that are equally simple. They just don't acknowledge them cause they take them for granted.

• Cye says:

• wlenkphkmf says:

mylan-zopiclone go here zopiclone overdose