Business Cards of the Future

Halo is a simple, yet technologically advanced solution for cutting the inefficiency of business cards and the vast amount of paper waste they produce each year. Using Bluetooth technology, the digital card makes it possible for users to trade cards in one simple selection on the touch-sensitive screen. The transferred “card” can even have its own unique style, just like a regular paper card. There’s also money to be saved in the long run as the user no longer has to purchase replacement cards!

Designer: Fitorio Leksono

Shares 3.3K

• Nathan says:

A good concept. This has more potential as a smartphone app than as a device.

• I like this idea, but I agree with Nathan. It would be better as a smartphone

• James says:

You might as well just have this as an app, rather than a separate device. The positives have been mentioned so I’ll highlight a couple of constructive negatives. If this is not just an app, then you’ll have to find someone who also has a business card reader, as that’s the whole idea in them, to give them out, even to ordinary house wives who might want your services but have no need for an actual business card reading device. It’s true it saves on card / paper, but now we’d have yet another electronic device that needs charging. Not only do normal cards (that can use recycled paper) never run out of power, charging this requires electricity…..which causes a carbon footprint. So it wouldn’t do any good at all if the environment is the issue here. Change this to be a smart phone app and you’re onto something. But if you really want this as a separate device, then it’s a bit silly.

• wow..future business cards…coolest idea!!!

• RICK says:

Hey, my iPhone already does that.

besides, i dont want my “blue tooth” censored and shattered glass on my wallet.

• Josh says:

patent, apply for loan, manufacture, ship, I’ll be more than glad to buy one the instant they hit the shelf.

• Matt says:

I like the idea, and think it could work. But you have to attack a different market. Essentially, the wallet and purse market. Smart phones stopped people carrying a camera, an mp3 player and camera at the same time, and reduced it to the one device. But people still carry wallets and purses. The trick I think would be to design it so thin that it fit in a wallet, and in fact design a range of wallet products or accessories that fit the device and protect. This way, you completely sidestep the smartphone market, because you’re not even competing against it. If you make the software run better and more easily than any app on the iphone. You also make it really cheap. Make it a scene all of its own. So people never have to worry if they have the right phone, they just have to know whether or not someone has Halo.

• Dush says:

@Matt- i completely agree with you and its true, its gotta fit into a wallet and completely sidestep the smartphone market as a stand alone device which is affordable enough to increase the possibility of the person standing next to you to own a halo too.

do you think this guy has already applied for patents and looked at mass producing this? cause i’l be very happy to do so with him.

• Hunter says:

In my best Mandy Patinkin voice: “Halo. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.”

• This is my first time visit at here and i am genuinely
    pleassant to read all at single place.

• I am really enjoying the theme/design of your weblog.
    Do you ever run into any browser compatibility issues?

A small number of my blog readers have complained about my site not operating correctly in Explorer
    but looks great in Safari. Do you have any tips to help fix this problem?

• I do not even know how I finished up here, but I believed this post was once
    good. I don’t understand who you’re but definitely you are going to a well-known blogger in the event you aren’t already.
    Cheers!

• Or, perhaps you’re one of those students who desires a challenge, or even a
    good addition to your résumé for Grad school.

Without enough traffic, you will never have enough customers and this means you
    won’t be making enough money. For clients, you
    can target neighborhoods, communities or even companies.

• Appreciation to my father who shared with me about this blog, this webpage is in fact amazing.