Don’t Blush, Go Ahead And Touch

I’m trying not to be corny here, but addressing the very serious issue of breast cancer. The awareness is kind of out there, but just leaving messages on Facebook in the month of October is not enough. A practical approach like the Smart Pink is required. It’s a self-adhesive sticker that ladies can stick across their chest and follow the pink-path with fingertips for self-diagnosis. A combination of maneuver-stickers makes the pack and the kit is a certified diagnosis from Korea Breast Cancer Foundation.

The video below has an info-segment in Korean for the first minute, but detailed live demo after that. Watch it!

Just a note, I think this can turn out to be a very effective product, if marketed well, to raise awareness and probably save many lives. I know if I had a instructive tool like this, I would use it! So, great job designers!

Designers: Mi Hyun Ryu and So Ra Park

You need to a flashplayer enabled browser to view this YouTube video

• Fer V says:

GREAT design, I hope it turns into a product soon because of the alarming annual deaths caused by breast cancer

• Fer V says:

• Eugene says:

i guess you need to make various size depending on breast sizes right? 새롭네요. Great problem you have tackled..

• Eugene says:

• design pak says:

It looks the saw doll.

• design pak says:

It looks the saw doll.

• waqas says:

wow, just awesome, It should b available as cheap as a cigarette is

• waqas says:

wow, just awesome, It should b available as cheap as a cigarette is

• Spacey says:

because we, stupid girls, don't know where our breasts are ? seriously, it sounds just like a blonde joke…

• RadhikaYD says:

Hi there, I think this design is more catered for those countries and communities that consider touching yourself a taboo. I understand that you are speaking from an urban prospective, but you will be surprised to know about the lack of awareness or ways to detect just by "touching" in most countries.

• magda says:

It's so sad what you wrote, the ignorant is unfurtinatli you….
      It's not about finding the breast but to know how to look for signs in your breast.
      Those steps are exactly like the one's you're gynecologist dose when he do you're 5 months check-up.
      When I wisted my gynecologist I asked him for guidance for looking myself at home,
      He showed m, and now in between the checkups I do it myself.
      My friend was 22 at the time she noticed something, she went to the doctor and it was devastating news- she had a lump. Thankfully it was discovered so early it was quickly taken care of.
      Wonderful project! There's more do devolpe in such project but the idea is admirable!

• Spacey says:

• RadhikaYD says:

Hi there, I think this design is more catered for those countries and communities that consider touching yourself a taboo. I understand that you are speaking from an urban prospective, but you will be surprised to know about the lack of awareness or ways to detect just by “touching” in most countries.

• magda says:

It's so sad what you wrote, the ignorant is unfurtinatli you….
      He showed m, and now in between the checkups I do it myself.

• Mi Hyun Ryu says:

Thank u for you guys interest.
    Your comments remind me of developing the Smart Pink.
    I hope that it could save many people from the breast cancer. :)

• Mi Hyun Ryu says:

Thank u for you guys interest.
    Your comments remind me of developing the Smart Pink.
    I hope that it could save many people from the breast cancer. :)

• David Castello says:

Hello,

I work for a French TV channel and we are planning to run a short story on Smartpink.
    Would it be possible to talk with someone who worked on the project? For instance Mi Hyun ryu.

My email : dastiz@hotmail.com