Imperial Flatboy Motorcycle

Star Wars influence? Inspiration taken from Daniel Simon? Yessir, indeed. This is a motorcycle concept going by the name “Bugatti startos” designed by Bruno Delussu. This name, Bugatti startos, means “Snake Road,” a fabulous name for a rather snake-like automotive. With a body made of fiberglass to make the entire thing light, setting the rider in the same place as a racing bike (lying on the bodywork,) and a cute traditional speedometer.

Believe it or not, this motorcycle uses an internal combustion engine, NOT an electric. Wow, I never thought, but always hoped, that this day would come. A day where the designer has to explain themselves for having anything other than an energy-conscious engine. Welcome to the future of responsible thinking? I hope so. Some words from Bruno Delussu:

Being a motorcyclist myself, I love the sound of a motorcycle engine (reminiscent of a raging lion), so the engine is a traditional internal combustion engine rather then electric, as the new trend would have it (a matter of ecology)

Also, Bruno notes that this project is mainly a fun one, and that thusly this is the world’s first motorcycle with no method for steering. Straight only!

Designer: Bruno Delussu

• mf says:

Reminds me of the Cosmic Motors Detnonator

• mf says:

Reminds me of the Cosmic Motors Detnonator

• Igor Chak says:

Don't want to be rude here but you just basically copied Daniel Simon's bike from Cosmic Motors…

• Igor Chak says:

I'm confused…did Daniel Simon Design this or Bruno Delussu??? The name Simon is mentioned like 3 times in this post…

• RadhikaYD says:

Hi Igor, Bruno on the onset has said that his design is inspired by Daniel Simon.

Let me quote for you the exact text that Bruno has written:

"It is a concept motorcycle that draws inspiration from that of Daniel Simon (a great designer) and, to a lesser extent, from the imperial speeder bike (in Star Wars Films).
        There is no shame in admitting to such influences – that’s what life is all about.
        The name of the motorcycle ( “ Snake Road “ ) comes from its form which resembles a cobra
        I did not want to turn it into a roadster (but rather a closed form for the aerodynamics)
        In terms of engineering, the body is made of fibre glass (to lighten the weight of the motorcycle)
        The driver’s posture is the same as in a racing bike (lying on the bodywork)
        I have opted for a traditional (not digital) speedometer for the sake of nostalgia
        I had no time and was too lazy (not a good thing) to try to find a steering system for the front wheel (it will be the first motorcycle in the world to go straight only)…In any way, I embarked on this concept for fun.
        I hope you will like this concept, even if it is rather whimsical :-) "

• mif991 says:

After reading this explanation on the Daniel Simon influence, I think the "Designer" has a lot of money to blow on something that is not his just for fun. Even though I like the model, this does not belong in a Design post, it belongs in a Model Maker magazine. The Model maker should not be lazy, and design his own.

• Igor Chak says:

• Igor Chak says:

• RadhikaYD says:

Let me quote for you the exact text that Bruno has written:

“It is a concept motorcycle that draws inspiration from that of Daniel Simon (a great designer) and, to a lesser extent, from the imperial speeder bike (in Star Wars Films).
        The driver’s posture is the same as in a racing bike (lying on the bodywork)
        I hope you will like this concept, even if it is rather whimsical :-)

• mif991 says:

After reading this explanation on the Daniel Simon influence, I think the “Designer” has a lot of money to blow on something that is not his just for fun. Even though I like the model, this does not belong in a Design post, it belongs in a Model Maker magazine. The Model maker should not be lazy, and design his own.

• Hamid says:

I Don't wanna be mean,,, But this one is an obvious copy of Daniel Simon's work in Cosmic Motors,,, Maybe it was better to keep it just as a modeling and rendering practice rather than publishing it on the web!

• Hamid says:

• MR-design says:

Looks like a cheap ripe off from Cosmic motors Detonator

• MR-design says:

Looks like a cheap ripe off from Cosmic motors Detonator

• RadhikaYD says:

MR and Hamid, please read Bruno's original text for better understand the design, I have left it as a reply for Igor's comment.

• MR-design says:

I read the comment, but there is a difference between being inspired and basically copying the whole design… Do not get me wrong: it is a great design

• Hamid says:

Hi Radhika, thanks for your reply,,, but yet not convincing,,, being inspired by the Snake is not a good reason to make the bike look like someone else's work,,,, He could have designed a cool snake-inspired bike in som many different ways!!!

• RadhikaYD says:

• MR-design says:

• Hamid says:

• ting says:

What exactly is the Suspension doing? I don't think it can work like that. So it is a bad copy. Or is it? I didn't read the text, I am too lazy.

• ting says:

• disz says:

Cool!!!! I'll try it!

• disz says:

Cool!!!! I'll try it!

• Will says:

this is why yanko is going downhill. Seems like anyone with the time to do a bunch of nice renderings of some useless futuristic item gets chosen. This isn't inspiring. Just put a link to Daniel Simon's Detonator, it's so much better.

• Will says:

• Ryan says:

This is dumb. At least make it turn. Nice rendering work but it is useless for a thing that doesnt work. Why are the exhaust exits ahead of the engine and rider? Seems like a lot of work for nothing.

• Ryan says: