Time for Deep Reflection

Being in my 30s, I have finally settled on an image in my head of what I look like. I know this image does not precisely resemble how the world views me, and that’s ok. Aesthetically speaking, I never seemed to be on the same page with my self image as how others saw me. I either thought I looked better than I actually did or worse. I had to learn to let go of such narcissistic thoughts and focus on pursuits that satisfy me on more intellectual levels. Design, the visual arts, literature and love for others are much more gratifying pursuits than ego and societies fascination with celebrity. Then I ran into this wonderful mirror design called “Fiction” by Jean-Marie Massaud for Glas Italia. By creating the illusion of a fading image through degrading shaded silvering, the designer is reminding us all of the impermanence of life and self image, and how we are always evolving and changing. Oh well, so much for settling on a self image. Winner of the Interior Innovation Award at IMM Cologne 2008, Jean-Marie’s design is held in place by a chromium-plated metal cylinder and, not unlike the press’s attitude on Britney Spears, this mirror can either degrade your image up or down.

Designer: Jean-Marie Massaud [ Manufacturer: Glas Italia ] [ Via: Yatzer ]

• rayelle says:

thats really cool! they would look really good in night clubs

• TH says:

Great idea, yet so simple…

• Wow……So cool…..i love it

• AG says:

Beautiful and romantic.

Blue sky concept and able to be manufactured easily.

• very cool design! i love it, i want to see it in person. so simple too, as most great design is.

• Scilly Guy says:

Can it be made spherical too, and I’m sure it would look better if it was held from the back, ie with out anything interfering with the consistency.

• Scilly Guy says:

Oops I ment circular

• Raphael Crespo says:

Wow! Worst than my bedroom, so messed up but also so modern!

• Rono says:

• bronze says:

i dun understand how is it work? pls help me

• bronze says:

• If your family enjoys camping, you can even extend your visit
    over a weekend and set up tents along the way. Apart from
    sunbathing on the glorious sandy beach, this little village offers the tourist much more.
    There are a total of nine unique habitats where you may discover many different types of wildlife
    animals and over one hundred species of birds that you may enjoy
    seeing while on your Florida vacation.

• Marilyn says:

They are considering a ban on these compounds due to concerns that
    the paralysis could become permanent. A good
    majority move down from the cold up north to our beautiful, white sandy beaches.

If you own a centrifugal juicer and are annoyed by the
    foaming and the clogging switch to a masticating juicer.

• The steel entire body of the auto is always
    worth one thing, even if it is getting scrapped.

One can very easily find various junk removal companies.
    You can call your Attorney General’s office to find out the
    state of limitations in your own state.

• Strona świadczy o ciekawych wydarzeniach, namawiam do dyskusji swim test kraków, swim test kraków grochowska

• read says:

It’s remarkable to pay a visit this web site and reading the views of all mates about this post, while I
    am also keen of getting experience.

• They are considering a ban on these compounds due to concerns that the
    paralysis could become permanent. When choosing furniture,
    you’ll be deciding on many different types of chairs to put into your
    home. A form of the herb licorice, called deglycyrrhizinated licorice
    (DGL), was explored for canker sores in a small study.

• There is certainly a lot to find out about this subject.
    I really like all the points you have made.

• You should notice a considerable difference in your PC startup time and
    performance after completing the MSCONFIG, however, there are a couple of other maintenance
    tips you should follow on a regular basis to keep your PC running smoothly.
    For instance, an i – Pod manage is now obtainable on chosen jacket sleeves or backpack straps produced available by an apparel business specializing
    inside the snowboarding business. You can find an inexpensive computer repair company.

• promo says:

Quality content is the main to be a focus for the users to pay a quick visit the web page, that’s what this site is providing.