Best of February 2008

Every month we take a look around and select some of the most interesting designs that was showcased here. Below you’ll find the most popular designs we’ve tracked over the last 30 days – an overview of designs you shouldn’t have missed in February 2008.

12) Emergency Response Unit by Toby Mclnnes. Permalink Hits: 8545

11) Ultra-connected Tablet by Mac Funamizu. Permalink Hits: 8957

10) Ceramix For Mix by Florian Dussopt, Jérémie Reneau & Julie Girard. Permalink Hits: 9057

9) Collapsible Surfboard by Nicholas Notara. Permalink Hits: 9105

8 Alternate Dimensions Down Under by McBride Charles Ryan. Permalink Hits: 9757

7) Don’t Drop The Soap by Wooteik Lim. Permalink Hits: 10865

6) Hanging Printer by Jin Hee Kim, Hyung Il Kim & Woo Seok Park. Permalink Hits: 11326

5) iStick by Alexei Mikhailov. Permalink Hits: 13958

4) SMS And Email Pen by Reuben Png. Permalink Hits: 14033

3) Magnetic Curtains by Florian Krautli. Permalink Hits: 15745

2) Yuno PC by Jason Farsai. Permalink Hits: 20063

1) Bedroom in a box by Marcel Krings. Permalink Hits: 40922

Do you have or know of a design that’s stunning enough to be featured on Yanko Design? Send it in to publication@yankodesign.com and see if yours makes it to the BEST!

• SSG says:

Thanks for the great list as always!!!

• Oli says:

Pretty cool! Thank you!

• Wippich says:

Wonderful List. When do you guys ever sleep?

• ID Designer says:

Thanks for the link to my article. :)

• Maruder says:

I’m starting to think you guys sold your souls to a design-devil in exchange for tips about interesting designs 😀 As usually, great collection.

• Imran says:

Great collection. Recently came across this site and love it. This is a great site!

• tomD says:

awesome list. there goes any work today

• Anthony says:

These posts are always my favorite.

• Balkhi says:

these are some good inspirations …

• Clickthrough says:

Hi there, I must say that you have done a wonderful job on your site and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here, I thank you for sharing it with me…

• Matze says:

The total absence of critique in the comments somehow scares me… Everybody is seeming to forget that yanko is earning money with this website… (Nobody thanks HP to make wonderful printers?!) Don’t get me wrong: I’m not against friendly comments, but structures like this tent to build a myth around products/services/designs that can displace a productive discussion about their quality.

• Clarify says:

Though I appreciate your cynicism, I don’t think the man holding the reigns on this site makes much money at all from it and it is more a labor of love. Maybe people are just recognizing his honest effort to find intriguing designs…. or maybe he is rolling in green and laughing at us all, anyway you look at it, it’s a good site.

😉

• AlienzExist says:

I see your point, but this list is merely a collection of the most clicked on designs of February. Each one most likely will have critical comments on its permalink. I’m guessing the thanks to yanko are because the designs are all here together in one convenient post, and cuz we’re lazy. -dont need a reply

• Matze says:

well, of course by ‘products/services/designs’ I ment this website aswell…
        (anyway I just wished there would be more (critical) discussions. That could help the designers in improving their designs and the viewers in ‘sharpening’ their perception… (I’m including myself in this description aswell)

(@ AlienzExist btw: a reply to a comment that ends with ‘dont need a reply’ sounds a bit arrogant)

• ModuleS says:

I can’t speak and represent for all designers that had their design published here but I for one can’t be quiet on this one.

Matze I respect what you are saying but did yanko ever charge you or any designers here to showcase one of their designs? I can personally testify here that they never asked for a penny for their services. And I mean services, even now yanko forwards me e-mails that are from journalist, buyers or subject matters that may help me. How many blogs even reply to you? Very few I would predict. I can’t even recall yanko asking for donations for that matter. So how is yanko earning money from the site, you mean the sponsor google ads I see where you have the choice to CLICK on it or not? Last time I researched, google ads make you little or no money.

I’ll admit I am biased here, I did get one of my designs published on this site and benefited greatly but that’s my point. I’m a fresh off ID graduate and without their publicity, I 100% believe that I would have not landed the contract job I have now. The chain reactions yanko creates is nothing short of wow, I personally seen my design get showcased on many of the major blogs but the source always indicates it was from yanko. So why leave a comment that may discourage the yanko team rather than encourage their efforts. Yanko obviously gives more than they take and helps designers more than themselves.

Matze I can understand that you want to see constructive comments on the designs but as mentioned by AlienzExist, “this list is merely a collection of the most clicked on designs of February.” From what I can see, the critical discussions are taking place in its permalink. This is just ONE post out of the 100 (just guessing here) they do on a monthly basis.

You also mentioned “Nobody thanks HP to make wonderful printers?!” Readers of yanko don’t need to, what yanko showcases is by far the most inspiring and innovative designs than any brand can come up with.

We should all be thanking and encouraging yanko here, especially on a post like this. It’s really a shame why we just can’t for a site that helps so many designers like myself and inspirations it offers to non designers.

• Long Tran says:

Hi readers. As Chief Editor of Yanko, I’m glad so many of you like our aggregated monthly lists consisting of the most popular posts. It’s really a way to look back before moving forward.

As for monetary compensation, I’m at no obligation to discuss how much money we make, if any at all, but I can assure you team Yanko spends hours on end searching out the best and brightest ideas around the world. We all do this because we love to. We all have design backgrounds and some of us work in ID. The motive behind this site is simple, ideas to see, ideas to share.

To all you designers out there, keep up the great work. To the readers, keep reading. And have a Happy March!

• Rony John says:

I love Yanko Design….

• Clarify says:

I love lamp!

• deon3366 says:

yankodesign gives me hope that too may showcase my design sometime in the future. i feel alot of the designs are just never going to make it onto the shelf but there are other people who would perfect the designs so that they could really help the world instead of just being acclaimed on yanco. i see a future for yanko if they woul d lean more towards workable solutions to our needs as humans i see that a lot of yanko designs remain just ideas and getting celebrity status for just an idea is rather like trying to survive in s.a. streets after dark, stupid, stupid, stupid.

• xXblahXx says:

the magnetic curtains r pretty cool… but can u wash it in the washing machine?

• Rono says:

I’m so happy I stumbled upon this site. So creative.

• goodjiwan says:

so cooool

• Also trusts must give a good percentage of its profits to shareholders,
    so you gain all round. When I began my home-based business,
    I put plenty of thought into how to market the business’but I
    never thought about organizing my records.
    Other states vary, and if you live in a state that allows you to do it with a treasurer’s deed,
    they ask for around $200-$400. This makes it
    tough for customers to get a property and so makes your investment difficult
    to liquidate. They can likewise have you excellent boarders, that are willing to pay the greatest rental fees that your
    property richly is worthy of. The only thing the investor
    has to pay is the mortgage, which in turn offers very predictable cash
    flow. Instead, one of them began to call me names that
    had nothing to do with dogs. (For most investors,
    this is actually a positive advantage, not a disadvantage.
    Good real estate investors are out there who earn good reputations with easy going attitudes and never pressure clients or
    force opinions on them. When I relayed what had happened
    to the farmers’ father, he said, “I don’t know how that happened.

• If you’ve tried tanning before and you’re looking for a strong colour instantly,
    a mousse or lotion tanner would be best. You should point out that it’s going to feel
    cold and that they should also avoid creasing their body too much.

Taking measures and ensuring that you have the
    equipment and protection when utilizing some of these equipments such as the tannin bed is essential to ensure that you avoid the various dangers that are
    associate with them such as damage to the cornea, suppression of the immune system, melanoma, drug induced photosensitivity and burs.

Well, I’m going to fill you in on all the pros and
    cons of both and you can decide which is better for you.
    Once you have had a spray tan, wait for some time before you shower, and you can enjoy the effects of the perfect complexion for as long
    as seven days. You don’t want to risk sun exposure due to the chances of melanoma and
    related dangers. If you have mature skin and you don’t
    exfoliate before your spray tanning session, you might end up with dark tan spots all over your skin. This will make you look as
    though you have more cellular health again and as though your cells are better protected from UV rays.
    They serve the general public with everyday tanning kits and they also serve
    the tanning industry by providing gallon sized containers
    for airbrush and spray tan salons. It is a worrying fact that the sun is the cause of 90% of skin cancer in people with white skin.

• The combined elimination of emotional trauma and the nutritional support is an incredibly powerful package that
    promotes health and well being faster than any other method currently available for
    treating arthritis. Most plumbing services are available around the clock; therefore, you can call them
    at any time of the day or night. Due to the high level of customization, it is very easy to ruin or
    severely impair a character in Champions Online.

• Because the admin of this site is working, no question very quickly it will
    be famous, due to its feature contents.

• rear bumper and brackets and replaced it with a 65″ long 3″
    dia. Remember though, fish doesn’t get better with age
    – use it or lose it. Could I ask the Sheriff for trespass
    tickets and reveal my pettiness.

• Anxiety and depression is common among hair loss
    sufferers, especially those experiencing total baldness.
    It is important to always make sure that your hair is well maintained by ensuring that the hair is kept clean.
    She did not seem too enthusiastic about it and claimed that she had just been to the toilet
    and did not feel like peeing any more.

• Erik says:

They could occur in and offer you you a range, but what does that dollar volume stand for.
    Like the other settings, this can be accessed by pressing Ctrl+O or clicking the three checkmarks icon. This scheme is
    very much similar to home-run scheme though this set up use
    a number of flow-through manifolds instead of the usual central manifolds.

• However, HCG is most active when women become pregnant.
    Just because HCG drops cost more does not mean that they are better than the
    more reasonably priced product that can be as much as half
    the cost. This should become less frequent after the
    first week.

• It is important that you start moisturizing your
    entire body days before getting a tanning session. I got myself an inexpensive
    guitar manufactured in China by Fernandes just for $150.

Back when I was 15 to 20 I tried every Summer to get the greatest suntan ever and I used
    to tell my buddy Darin White and I would one day write a book about
    how to get the best suntan.

• You will probably recognise some or all of these as some as used more than others with very great
    success in carp baits:. I have been using products from Newfields Baits
    for a while and their green lipped mussel extract is simply amazing.
    The exception to this rule is when fishing structure, there will always be a calm
    spot behind structure that cat fish rest in and it will be natural for
    your bait to settle in this area.

• However, when choosing a plastic surgeon some things are
    to be kept in mind. She left the doctors at the second hospital mystified as well.
    The Dilation and Curettage is used between 3 and 14 weeks gestation.

• Tempobet says:

well, of course by ‘products/services/designs’ I ment this website aswell…

• May I just say what a relief to discover someone who truly knows what they’re discussing on the internet.
    You certainly understand how to bring a problem to light and make it important.
    More and more people ought to check this out and understand this side
    of your story. I can’t believe you aren’t more popular since you certainly have the gift.