Tactile is a high-touch design studio where the creative, technical, and strategic come together. They design meaningful physical and digital experiences for everyday moments and the one of a kind. The team is made up of industrial designers, interaction designers, graphic designers, and engineers who create sought-after products and experiences through research and strategy.
We’re looking for senior level Industrial Designers (contract-only positions) in our Boston studio (must be local). You will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams from idea to conception with design at its core. We work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects that allow our designers to gain new experiences, learn and advance their craft. An intimate, open studio that runs on coffee and camaraderie. You’ll fit in great here if you’re passionate, hard-working and don’t take yourself too seriously.
● Both independent and team-oriented to design and develop products and experiences for a wide variety of subjects.
● Able to illustrate your ideas and communicate findings effectively in presentations/meetings, adapting style and detail level to client and project needs.
● Well versed in design methodologies and display excellence at all stages of the design process, including early concept development, sketching, building prototypes, CAD modeling, rendering and creating high-fidelity polished presentations.
● Motivated to conduct your own informal user research, market research, and usability testing to get to the heart of the problem.
● Grounded in your understanding of materials and processes and excited to push the envelope.
● Great at handling multiple workstreams with design direction.
Education and Experience Required
● 7-10 years of relevant experience working in product design
● BA/BS in Industrial Design or related training
● High level of proficiency with industry standard design and prototyping tools; CAD, Adobe, Keyshot, etc.
● Portfolio of relevant work examples
● Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
● Impeccable attention to detail
● Ability to work on and complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion
● Enthusiasm to adapt to diverse projects and clients, from med-tech to industrial to consumer electronics
How to Apply
If you’re interested in becoming a part of the Tactile team please send us a note, your credentials and a link to your work at [email protected].
Note: Must be Boston-based to be considered
Check out all the latest design openings on Yanko Design Job Board