Audio, Office, Gaming, Consumer Electronics, and Enterprise. These are just a few areas where Logitech has made an incredibly indelible mark. With its headquarters in Lausanne, Switzerland, and in the heart of the silicon valley, Palo Alto, California, Logitech remains one of the leading peripheral OEM manufacturers in the world, creating spectacular products with great user experiences. From Bluetooth speakers, to keyboards, gaming controllers, remotes, styluses, to even our favorite mouse, Logitech has showed constant innovation in both design and technology. Logitech G (the company’s gaming division) is looking for a passionate and highly collaborative Industrial Designer Intern to join their Design Team in Newark, California.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the design process and having a mark on designing next-generation products and services. Must be comfortable exploring all aspects of the design process — from user research to physical and digital prototyping to telling a project story to the key stakeholders within the team. An appreciation and understanding of gaming is a plus.
The Industrial Design Intern is responsible for collaborating with the Logitech G design team primarily focused on Industrial Design projects. Working on a broad range of Gaming product design projects that will be launched to market. Specifically new Gaming headsets, keyboards and future experiences that aim to define the next generation of gaming gear.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide, and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Help craft future products and experiences for Logitech G
• Work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment
• Supporting and working alongside industrial designer, CMF designers, Interaction designers and engineers to craft beautiful details while keeping the bigger picture in mind
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• A strong passion for design
• Excellent communication skills
• Willingness to take direction and learn from others
• Optimistic outlook – we are creating the future after all
• Demonstrate a portfolio that shows skills in ideation, concept visualization, form development, CAD, model making and rapid prototyping
• Excellent 2D and 3D skills: fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite and 3D such as Rhino, Alias, SolidWorks, ProE and KeyShot
In Addition, Preferable Skills And Behaviors Include
• Prior experience in consumer electronics
• Highly driven and proactive self-starter – taking on a task without much context and driving it through
• A basic understanding of user-centered design methods and techniques
Education: Currently studying either BA (in Europe) or BS in the US
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”
If you require an accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 510-713- 4866 for assistance
Newark (California), USA.