Have you ever attempted to capture a photograph of a breath-taking cityscape that lies behind the glass window that is standing before you, just to be left with a photograph that features more of yourself and the room you’re stood in than the scenery? Or perhaps you are at the zoo photographing an unusual animal; but all that the image shows is an unwelcomed amount of glare and an indistinguishable animal? These are far from ideal results, and ones which don’t do justice to the scene you wish to capture!
This is where the Ultimate Lens Hood comes in, and it is exactly what it says on the box! The black silicone cone stretches to fit onto any DSLR lens, making it an extremely versatile piece of kit. When pressed up against a window any interior light that would otherwise dominate the photo is blocked out, allowing the user to take the phenomenal photos they desire!
This isn’t ULH’s only use… when attached backwards it acts as a shield that protects the user’s pride and joy from the elements, without affecting the usability! Its compact size, uniqueness and level of usability makes it a great addition to the every-day camera bag!
Designer: Josh Smith
Take reflection-free photos, videos and time-lapses through glass. For photographers, filmmakers & mobile users.
A black silicone cone that will stretch fit to any lens, the Ultimate Lens Hood is an incredibly versatile bit of kit. Attach facing forwards to block out unwanted glare and reflections when shooting through a window, or fit backwards to protect your equipment from the elements.
Removing glare by day and reflections by night, the ULH can be used any time you need it. Whether you’re shooting through a hotel window, a high-rise observation deck, the window of a bus or through an enclosure at the zoo – the ULH makes a massive difference, transforming a bad photo into a great one even before you start editing!
– Fits to your lens, rather than attaching to the glass. This means you’re free to move around, change your angle and adjust your camera settings without having to detach anything.
– Leaves no marks on the window. This’ll keep you on the good side of venue managers and their staff! The ULH is made of silicone, and is designed to rest against the glass, rather than attach to it.
– Perfect for crowded areas. Often the busiest tourist attractions leave very little room – or time – for great images. With the ULH on your lens, you take up no more room than you would normally, but your photos will come out better than anyone else’s.
– Get drone-looking shots, without a drone. Ok, this one is a bit of a stretch, but you’ll get such clear photos out of high-rise buildings that people won’t believe they were taken through glass at all. Most cities around the world have banned the use of drones, so this is your next best option to get those cityscape bangers! (also works through helicopter windows…)
– Much more effective than a CPL. Polarising filters are known to modify and remove some reflections at certain angles but don’t work to fully block the glare (especially at night). A good quality CPL is expensive, they change the colours in your photo and you’ll need adapter rings to fit them to all your lenses. If you already own a CPL, add the ULH to your kit bag and get the best of both! (and the added weatherproofing the ULH provides!)
The ULH can be used freehand or on a tripod. The freedom to move around without any complicated setup is a real bonus in popular tourist locations and zoos where lots of wandering people make available space limited. Not to mention many of these venues have banned tripods entirely.