Takashi Yamada has been a jury member of the red dot award: design concept for the past two years. As a person who has seen the inside of how it all works, trust me this is one competition you do not want to miss. Name, fame, recognition and instant key to the doors of opportunities are some of the many perks. I love Tak’s interview that they captured, which can be seen after the jump; incase you are wondering, the backdrop is of the permanent Tupperware exhibition at the red dot museum in Singapore.
The search for the best visions, prototypes and concepts of 2014 has begun Red Dot Award: Design Concept 2014. Calling on design teams, designers, inventors, students, teachers, research institutes, design departments, architects, engineers, any one with a great design idea to take notice. The early bird submission period is open now and will end on 29 January 2014.
Some stats for the red dot awards: design concept
- There were 4,394 entries submitted from 57 countries for the year 2013.
- This year there are shorter timelines for submissions.
- The result will be an earlier announcement of the year’s best design concepts for their outstanding design quality and excellence on the 26 September 2014.
- Information on the Red Dot Award: Design Concept 2014 is already available at www.red-dot.sg.
- Find out more about the shorter submission period for the Red Dot Award: Design Concept 2014.
- Concept categories for Red Dot Award: Design Concept 2014 have increased to 29. Find out here.
Early bird submission period: 1 January 2014 – 29 January 2014
Standard submission period: 30 January 2014 – 2 April 2014
Late submission period: 3 April 2014 – 21 May 2014
Awarding ceremony: 26 September 2014
Special exhibition: From 27 September 2014 at the Red Dot Design Museum Singapore
Online exhibition: From 27 September 2014 at www.red-dot.sg/online-exhibition