Poo Disposal Through a Curve

When the local government of Hungary was looking for a motivational campaign to get dog owners to dispose off the dog poo from the streets, little did they know that the prize-winning entry Curve would garner so much support and enthusiasm. The trashcan designed by Kőrös Benedek – Ben Koros has a fun and intriguing way of dumping the waste. Read on to know more.

Ben explains, “The biggest problem with dog waste disposal cans is, that they fill up on domestic rubbish way before time – thus even responsible dog owners can’t dispose their pet’s waste. I’ve tried to design a can, which doesn’t allow bottles, bags full of trash, empty boxes etc. to be dropped inside. The user must pick up the poo, place it in a plastic bag (biologically degradable plastic bags included on the Curve), and lead it through a curvy gap on the top, to be able to dump it.”

Absolutely brilliant!

Designer: Kőrös Benedek – Ben Koros

• No wonder it’s garnered attention. The Curve poo can is a brilliant design!

• Hi there,

As a Dutch company that sells waste disposal solutions (indoors and outdoors) we’re more and more looking into solutions with added value.

This value is preferrably sought in durability and design.

This is the reason why we’re very interested in the posibilities of marketing this design in the Netherlands.

PLease contact us if you’re interested as well!

Kindest regards,

• Reinhardt says:

I don’t quite get it. A trash can with a curving entry slot. How’s that better than the wide-mouthed regular trash can that’s exclusively for dog poo? I was thinking it might be equipped with an organic decomposing system or something. Bah.

• ben says:

Reinhardt: “I’ve tried to design a can, which doesn’t allow bottles, bags full of trash, empty boxes etc. to be dropped inside. ” – that’s why its better then the wide-mouthed regular trash can.

• WES says:

Why don’t you try being the person who has to empty that thing every other day because of mcdonalds bags filling it. Bah.

• Karen says:

Are your dog waste bins avaaiable to purchase as I would love a couple for my veterinary clinic and believe they couls really be a great solution for our dog parks to stop people dumping other rubbish

• Evelyn says:

Can you please advise where I can buy these?

• John says:

where can we buy this bin? and are you interested in the UK market?
    many thanks

• Aw, this was an extremely good post. Taking the time
    and actual effort to generate a very good article… but what
    can I say… I hesitate a lot and don’t seem to get
    nearly anything done.

• Lisa O Shea says:

Hi there,
    Do you supply these bins? If so how much?

Regards
    Lisa

• Rafael Hernández says:

What happens when it rains? The trash bin has an water outlet on the bottom?