Camouflaging a Bandage

The only time I’ve been so obsessed with bandages was when I spied the jewel encrusted Cynthia Rowley’s Limited Edition. This Chameleon Bandage takes the concept of band-aid protection a notch higher by becoming literally invisible. I suppose there must be some chemical elements to it. However the designers have not clarified it as yet. Imagine how cool will it be to sport a bandage that blends with your skin tone, especially for those awkward places on your chin or cheek! Me wants one now!

Chameleon Bandageis a 2012 iF Design Talents entry.

Guiding Teacher: Xiang Long Pan

Designers: Xue Xing Wu, Zi Yu Li, Yue Hua Zhu & Zhi Qiang Wang

• william says:

that was coool

• Good idea but what if stains/mark of wound visible through it, certainly will not look good though!!

• Nathan says:

This isn’t design. This is weak conceptualizing and weak photoshopping.
    In the concept department: How would this ever work? Even if it were at some point in the distant future a feasible item, there’s very weak market support to drive the R&D to get this done. The only way this would become a reality is if the technology was found by accident.
    In the Photoshop department: the bandages aren’t even the same shape in their “faded out” images. create your bandage on a new top layer and then adjust that layer’s transparency.

• Vicz says:

So true !( what nathan said)

• James says:

@Jason, saying it’s fake when it’s a concept is a bit daft. The word fake gets thrown around the web a lot when it’s not needed. Anyway, oh dear, without the reasoning behind how this would work, all you have is a display of photos that shows the ‘designer’ has found the opacity button in photoshop. If it was for a college project, I would have taken photos of models myself with actual plasters on them, then go crazy with opacity and blending options.

• Rei Daniel says:

where can we buy that bandage? πŸ˜€

• Alexander says:

I feel stupid for thinking they had actually realized this through some state of the art research. Just another empty “concept”.

• Brandy says:

For those of you that are so sure these photo’s are photoshopped, you might want to take a closer look at the pictures! The bandages aren’t even in the same places!I alway’s find it amusing when people claim to be able to spot a “fake”, therefore it’s got to be photoshopped! There wasn’t even that much effort!

• Chris says:

Where can I bye these?

• Bill Bain says:

Brandy, the pictures are unquestionably Photoshopped. Your argument that the bandages aren’t in the same places only proves the point better. The photographs of the faces are identical, literally identical, in the “before” and “after” shots. If the photographs were taken even a tenth of a second apart, tiny details of the model’s expression, highlights on their lips,etc. would be slightly different. Do you think the laughing child held that pose and expression perfectly for three seconds while the bandage changed color? This is CLEARLY Photoshop, and there can be no doubting it.

• Brandy says:

Bill Bain, You are correct, and after I entered my post, I realized that I was reversing what my intentions were to say.I am just so used to people calling photoshop if it’s something that they are not familiar with. As an example, I’m fairly aware of some of the more bizarre life forms in the ocean deep. Yet time and again, I see people claim these deep sea beasties are definately photo shopped. Thank you for pointing out my faux paux,(spelling?)

• Dan says:

Could just make a transparent bandage.

• LA says:

If you read alittle you would see that this is a CONCEPT design….

• SomeDevil14 says:

Ummmm… wonder how the “Not photoshopped” bandage knew to toss in some fine hairs on the hand photo? COMMON!!!!

• engin says:

where can i buy this product?

• Jennifer says:

Do have a website for your “Chameleon Bandage?” Very interested…please advise.
    Thank you, in advance, for your attention.

Respectfully yours,
    Jennifer

• Jet says:

Hey! πŸ™‚ I need this one. ASAP. πŸ™‚ How to order/buy this? πŸ™‚

• Fake says:

Fake super fake its the same picture it was photo shopped

• Wooden Boxes says:

This looks good but why they are smiling the same in pictures!!!

• precious says:

where can I buy those? so amazing!

• Lauren Garcia says:

Where can you get this at

• Lauren Garcia says:

Is there any store that I can buy this at

• Susan says:

Hi, here’s An idea. Design strips that woman can match her face colour and then she can take the strip to a make up counter to help with buying the correct colour base. So one side will turn to skin colour, opposite will be white so make up can be smeared on to match.

• You need lipid burning potential and activation of the metabolism so that
    it works the most efficiently. Consumers who suspect they have experienced adverse effects as a result
    of the use of HCG drug products for weight loss should contact a licensed health care professional immediately.
    We got a brightlycolored box of cereal with every flavor.

• You can go to their websites and look for a listing for
    the doctors you are considering. Just like other
    facilities, medical facilities at Salt Lake City are quite advance and it has been serving different needs of
    the patients for the past many years. It is normal to have
    slight bruising and swelling for about ten days.

• seek says:

It’s going to be ending of mine day, however before finish I am reading this great post
    to improve my knowledge.