The New London Skyline

Deviating from the standard norm of product design on Yanko Design, I’d like to bring your attention this classy instillation called “London” at a Samsung UK flagship store in Westfields Shopping Centre. The impeccable interaction and graphics of instillation is one thing to be noted, however I’d like you to focus on the futuristic architecture of the London skyline. Compared to the current skyline seen here, the future foresees an elevated transportation system and windmills blending in with the skyscrapers. I suppose the designers have unwittingly stumbled upon a utopian era for this ‘hyper capital’; what say Londoners…do you like this new city?

Architectural Photography: Simon Kennedy

Designer: Factory Fifteen

• MDesigns says:

I do not like the windmills and some of the details in the city. Too much clutter. But what an exquisite presentation! Awesome indeed.

• Jimmy C says:

It’s not often you see someone design an entire city. Good job!

• Ash says:

As a life long Londoner I have to say this looks brilliant. Would love to live in a city like this.

• I wouldn’t mind living there

• Quintin says:

Wow, that is very detailed! I can’t imagine the amount of work that went in that…

Some things I’d like to point out, though… According to the position of the windmills, the wind is blowing away from the much higher skyscrapers. Solar panels positioned below the subway (or whatever it is..) will not give a very high return on investment. Does the UK still have analog TV in the ether? (I see a bunch of TV antennae..)

• Cameron says:

As impressive as this is, I get the impression it might have been designed a while ago. Those big windmill-styled wind turbines are no longer being made because a new design which is shorter, much more compact and much more efficient is taking over; look at pictures of the Olympic Park, they’re all over the place, and people don’t even notice! Also as someone already mentioned, Analogue TV has almost completely been ushered out of use now.

But I do like the design of the city, t’is very nice. A lot the skyscrapers are just plain old boxes like New York and Canary Wharf.. I can’t see there being many of these in the future.

• JP says:

I’d say that’s pretty f’ing cool and I can’t wait for the future.

• Hunter says:

I’m curious to know the purpose of the massive tube in the center of all the pictures (the one that bypasses every skyscraper and road in view). It’s too long as a pedestrian crosswalk; it’s impractical as a vehicle roadway.

Perhaps a subway? Doesn’t London already have subways?