Outta-the-door Reminder

So, you and the family is going on this big vacation and just as you finish locking up everything and shut the main door, your wife calls out – hon, did you check the gas and switch-off all the lights? Sounds familiar? How about if you had the ‘Off’ installed! It is a door handle with connections to your mains like gas supply and electricity. Simply switch off both or either one of the services by rotating the dial and flip it back to activate it all. Super cool and innovative I tell ya!

Off is a 2011 red dot design concept winner.

Designers: Eun Ah Kim, Jinhyuk Rho & Maria Rho

• Quintin says:

I wouldn’t want my house to freeze over in winter when I leave the house for a few days… If the gas would only be used for cooking, I can understand…

Lights, I can also understand. Though most people (in NL anyway) have at least some lights in the house on a timer. Most believe it’ll prevent burglars…

• Grey says:

@ Quintin – this will not work for long extended holidays, but will be perfect for daily use. Love it!

• not a bad idea at all.

• Spencer says:

Great idea, but what about pilot lights. They don’t relight themselves when the gas comes back on.

• Jimmy C says:

I see this being used against you if burglars ever break in. It should be password protected. Also, make sure it isn’t hooked up to your security system.

• Jimmy C says:

To turn it off, I mean.

• Steve says:

What keeps a prankster or and intruder from turning off your utilities from outside? Might be a good idea to require a key.

• Nick says:

Certainly this handle would be indoors, no?

• Kevin says:

with this innovated product used in your house, I would believe you should also have the auto-ignition system in your gas burners.

• Kagiso says:

where can i buy this please for business purpose

• shane says:

This gadget also tells home intruders when it is safe to break in a home.

• Rawwhale says:

This would also be EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE, it would impossible to actually feed the gas or power line through the door so this would have to somehow communicate with other devices installed on the main gas pipe and powerline.

That means a visit from three separate service men, costing hundreds of dollars, plus the cost of at least 3 different devices. Oh, and you need to train electricians, handymen and plumbers on how to install those devices.

• carl says:

you are talking sense. good practice is to check this yourself and not put all your trust in a gadget!

• Plumber says:

good idea. help full , great design !

• Chris says:

Now if only this could tell me if I forgot my lunch…then it things would be complete

• Vedette says:

This is a must have for every household. Most people keep on forgetting to turn off certain appliances at home and this would be great when placing it in the main door so you wont worry about anything that is open and this saves a lot of electricity.

• lacom says:

great idea and good design !!! but i would love to see a key in place of the botton to secure my house better ! i’m in africa !!! lol if the button can be stayed with a fingerprint reader, it will be soooo good

• allison says:

Everything in your fridge would spoil.

• sugar says:

It’s just a concept, not a real “gadget.”

• Hunter says:

Why not just get the Belkin WeMo and Nest Thermometer?
    Does the exact same thing while further eliminating user fumbling.

• Kyle says:

You wouldn’t use this everyday. If you did, you would be resetting electronic devices in your house all day, every day. Good idea, needs better practicality though.

• Looks great and although some of the functionality would need refining the big question is what’s the cost?

• Parthenia says:

They simply strap around your wrist so you can drink while you are on the go, running, walking or even driving.

To check which if any drivers are needed, go to the start
    menu and right click My Computer and select ‘properties’.
    If unsure how to do backup Outlook data check this link:

• Shirley says:

Is there a place I can purchase one of these “Outa-Door-Reminder” kits? I need one because I’m always in a hurry.

• Many fans vented passively. Were not switched on. They may not be closed. Of course, your solution is more beautiful. Practice a little less

• JYP PA1040 Rectangle Stock Pre-Inked Rubber Stamp With Paid Check

Max. text plate size: 5/16″ X 1 1/2″

Ink Color: Red

Clean and precise Imprints

Long-Lasted Ink cartridge.

Easy, Fast, Unlimited refill.

Elegant and comfortable handle design.

More than 10,000 times used guaranteed.

• harwell says:

Put ur car keys in your lunch box. You’ll nvr forget

• Vijaylaxmi pawar says:

How can I buy this product I stay in India so can I buy it here or I hv to import it ??

• Millie says:

How can I look to purchase this? I have looked online however cannot find a link. I assume it is not marketed for sale?