The Union is a folding cycle that you can carry easily in public transport systems like buses and trains. Folded up, it’s more like backpack that doesn’t weigh you down. This 8-inch folding bicycle slams down in a jiffy and its most defining feature is that it combines the stem with the headlight and the saddle with taillight, for better visibility and safety.
Some of the issues that this sleek cycle tackles are:
- Most folding bicycles have distorting problems while riding, so the framework of the bike must be integrated
- After folding the bike, we “pull” or “drag” the bike instead of hand-carry it
- Easy to carry on to the public transportation after folding
- The process of folding should be easy and quick
- The brake light and reflect light have reached the standard of safety
Designers: Weiche Wu & Minhan Lin