The mobile concept by designer Amid Moradganjeh aims to redefine the mobile experience through technology that is more sensitive to the human experience. Inspired by print posters, Rimino can be bent to switch between different modes of operation. Along with a simple and easy user interface Rimino also introduces new tools and behaviors to approach and communicate in a more human-human way.
1. Natural input and navigation: The limited size of mobile devices and the circumstances in which they are used have defined the constrictive nature of the user experience (particularly for input, capture and navigation). By using the whole device and by exploring new physical properties, users will be free to interact with their mobile devices in a more natural and intuitive way.
2. Human-like communication: Inspired by face to face communication, Rimino offers new methods beyond call and notification to approach other people. It provides a bigger range of resolution for communication and expands the user experience beyond, before, and after the communication session.
3. Lively device: Rimino implements a new set of behaviors that make the user feel that it is truly aware of them. Another feature that makes Rimino alive is the “Lively pad” at the back of the device. Lively pad enables certain interactions using temperature, haptic feedback, light, airflow, olfactory feedback and moisture.
4. Goal based UI: There is no need for apps on Rimino and tasks can be accomplished by following a path that is closer to the human’s mental model. By capturing elements (time, location, voice,image, temperature, objects, people, etc.) first, the user is able to choose and initiate a task.
5. One experience – multiple devices: Rimino is an experience which is independent of the device itself. The tasks (and not the programs) with which the user is involved are constantly move between Rimino and other devices. In addition, the accessible hardware and devices become a part of a bigger connected system. The Rimino mobile device is able to detect devices nearby and behave accordingly.
6. Right resolution for right interaction:The desirable interaction resolution on a mobile device very much depends on the context and the task. Rimino offers both rich and basic versions of the same interface when needed. The interface is switched to the basic mode by bending the device. Basic interface represents the essentials and needs less engagement to interact with. The bent device can be used in a stationary state, creating new application.