Iris – My Kinda Tablet

The era of Tablet PC is upon us and it’s kinda mesmerizing to see the kind of functions and features you can pack into the device. For instance the Iris Tablet PC is a transparent touchpad with an OLED display. It uses wireless charging technology, can scan documents, translates texts and can work as an efficient navigator. The coolest two apps is how you can use it for planning interior designing using AR and split the screen up for shared use. The kind of concept that I look forward to!

Designers: Liu-Wei, Yao Kai-Chi, Hong Ruei-Hong & Cheng Ya-Fang

You need to a flashplayer enabled browser to view this YouTube video

• bill says:

I quite enjoy seeing things like this.

But every so often, I’d like to learn of an innovative, useful product when it’s actually available, and not simply at the ‘hey, wouldn’t THIS be cool?’ stage.

That “Oh, you mean it doesn’t actually exist?” gets old after a while.

• leslie says:

As a designer, I am not afraid of using or integrating technology into my work. There is no doubt that technology has continued to shape the design industries. This Iris tablet computer is a good example of how computers can be used to help designers to visualize their concepts. Additionally, the ability for designers to scan and draw on this Iris tablet can further promote efficiency. I would love to see this product in real life. Thank you for sharing.

• Alp says:

beautiful concept ! i want (need) one !!

• Rahul Shirbhate says:

Very good concept… Hope some day this technology will exist.

• Cadu says:

I`m only concern about this project is where are all the internal parts of this tablet ? I mean, it`s nice that it`s transparent, crystal clear it seems like, but what about the hardware ? Where is it?

Anyway, this is my only concern. =) I really enjoyed this project =)

• herah says:

great concept really love it one of the best i saw have to admit it! great job!

• MDesigns says:

Really cool concept. But like Bill, Rahul and Cadu suggest, it a lot of wishful thinking. Kind of Space travel in a worm hole.

• pH14.5 says:

Great concept.

But please bare in mind that the display must be determined by the distance of your eye to the screen in order for some of the application to work. Since it is a transparent screen, the closer you put your eyes towards the screen, the angle of sight and the enlargement of object changes from person to person. So actually, there is a lot to work on in terms of the software and the hardware if someone were to work on it.

• Its not that bad, you basicly need headtracking.
    No different to the demo video you see on YouTube by “Johney Lee” who did it with a Wiimote and IR.

Its also been used for a DSi game which tracked the head location by identifying the eyes.
    Once you have the head location, rendering a virtual camera at the correct position is trival.

The only issue is sticking the head facing camera on the nice transparent screen 😛

• I have been surfing online more than 2 hours today, yet I
    never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.|
    I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Very well written!|
    I will share this article

• Arden says:

I have been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found
    any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the internet will be much more useful than ever before.|
    I couldn’t refrain from commenting. Exceptionally well written!
    I agree in part to this blog, but maybe i need to think about it more

• Samson says:

These pictures are from many different devices. Just like the Iphone was a combination of many different and innovative things so this “tablet” is an artists idea of the future. Just like the Iphone it will take a many skilled programmers and one innovative genius to make it a reality, a reality that will carry into the hearts of many generations.

• Plus, they come in all different sizes and styles so that you
    can find exactly what you need to accommodate you and your guests.
    Trout fishing is often done in scenic country with few
    other anglers providing a relaxing environment. Once father is outside, he should find out how warm it is in Phoenix or
    in which actually he lives.

• Promoting bad quality products will ruin your reputation and your
    conversion rate will be low, meaning you will lose money in the long-run. Affiliate promoting is Totally free
    to join and don’t be fooled by any individual that costs
    you a fee so that you can help them market their
    solutions. – We wondered whether the software would be any different to
    other softwares that have been released lately however thankfully this is
    BRAND NEW and completely different to anything else.

• Plus, they come in all different sizes and styles so that you