Finnish Auto

In Nordic countries, the need for transportation is simple but demanding. The driving distances vary from long to short and the seasons vary greatly. The vehicle should be as comfortable as a luxury sedan but also as compact as a hatchback, offering an ecological option with enough space for a medium sized family. Tah da! The Michelin Active Wheel concept – Maininki.

Combined with the changeable chassis length, the concept is extremely well suited for the demands of Nordic climates.
Long driving distances, varied seasons and compact cities demand a lot from a family transportation vehicle. The design can easily change from a city hatchback to a long distance sedan.

Designer: Antti Eskeli

• rhe says:

great concept man! love it 🙂

• rhe says:

great concept man! love it 🙂

• edric v says:

this is a very interesting concept, an interesting and organic shape which is very differant to our convensional thoughts on what a car can be. very unique with its changeable chassis.

• edric v says:

• TOPRICE.IE says:

This is great concept car, i would love to see something like this on the streets!

• TOPRICE.IE says:

• Thijs says:

I don't remember where I saw it, but there is a concept of a car like this. Where it fold to a lower and longer stance for longer rides, to also be able to handle speed better, and it would fold back in for city rides.

The design of the car looks to be inspired by the Maserati Birdcage. The subject of the dreams of some 😉

• Thijs says:

• Jason Wang says:

Probably one of the best implementations of a variable wheelbase length I've ever seen. Props, dude!

• Jason Wang says:

• moreno says:

Cooooooooooooool

• Now exactly where are you going to put the luggage?

How are you going to survive a weekend at the summer cottage – with a package of sausages and case of beer?

Or how about a skiing weekend in the winter?

• Actually there is a space for luggage, between the rear wheels. Big enough for more than a weekend at a summer cottage i think. It was illustrated in one picture where i demonstrated also other mechanical parts (like the Active Wheels) which doesn’t open up that well from these pictures. And about skis, you can always by a roof rack 😉

Thanks everyone for the comments and critique. Much appreciated.

-Antti

• troliu says:

I wonder what would be the suspension ? Auto leveling powered by a compressor ? As I have noticed a relative low profile in the front, I mean id should be able to drive off road, too. Am I wrong?

• The questions you should ask your plastic surgeon before rhinoplasty
    should be about the safety of the procedure, its efficiency, and most importantly, its appropriateness for your body and whether it would offer results in line with your
    expectations. During your consultation visits, ask potential plastic surgeons about the financing plans they offer.
    Those who want to get rid of such problems must have tried various anti-ageing products,
    but found no result.

• Good information. Lucky me I found your blog by chance
    (stumbleupon). I have book-marked it for later!

• Hello, Neat post. There is an issue with your web site in internet explorer, would test this?
    IE still iss the marketplace leader and a large portion of other people will miss your fantastic writing because of this
    problem.