The Ultimate Touch Tablet PC?

Digital development tools are an integral part of design and construction processes. m • pad is a Tablet PC that is optimized for the needs of designers and developers. It combines the advantages of intuitive multi-touch operation with the precision of a pressure-sensitive pen. Ooh! hit the jump for more.

Important keyboard commands are arranged next to the 15.6 “OLED display: nine fixed buttons, such as ALT, CTRL, etc., and two programmable buttons rockers with e-ink display, with up to 24 short-cuts for each software application can be assigned individually. The scroll wheel completes the gesture control in fast 2D navigation is optional, and a 3D space mouse. Improved ergonomics, the m • pad are inclined 15 degrees. Left-handers simply rotate the board 180 degrees. The integrated ball-bearing hub enables quick and always optimal alignment of the board for character work. With just 430x280x25mm, the m • pad is the perfect solution for mobile working.

Designer: Volker Hübner

• André Costa says:

Hopefully something like this will show up in the market at an affordable price, it would be great.

• Joe says:

Terrific concept, but . . . unfortunately, it seems to be designed only for right-handed people. 🙁

• I actually RTF post says:

Did you not read the part where you can just rotate the tablet 180 degrees? The rectangular button labels are e-ink, meaning they can flip to match the tablet's orientation, and the other buttons are not orientation-specific since they are around in a circle.

• Indie Signer says:

Looks quit symmetric to me…
      I believe it can be ambi with very minimum additions, eg. display rotation

• Jon says:

So much lefty hate!

• Regan says:

I love this concept, would love to see something like this on the market one day.
    I would definitely use one.
    …and the incorporated 3D space mouse is a nifty touch, I can't live without mine. All it needs is a slide out numeric keypad and it's the perfect designers' companion.

Nice work!

Not sure why people are commenting that this is only for right handers? Description clearly states the pad is simply rotated for lefties. Though I thought that was pretty self explanatory from the renderings.

• André Costa says:

People that coment about the right hand use clearly didnt read the description, but I guess its their problem to only see the “neat pictures”. 😛

• igor chak says:

if you flip it for a left handed then the ” +,- ” would be upside down….. also make that the scroll wheel hides inside the tablet so when you are sliding it into a bag the wheel will not get damaged

• TT says:

e-link?What is it?

• TT says:

e-link?What is it?

• Jon Vaillant says:

e-ink is a type of electronic display that is used as of today only for static images, the benefit of this technology is how it makes digital reading eye friendly and uses very little electricity to charge each cell/microcapsule to either positive or negative (only uses charge to change image). You can call it electronic paper.

• It's like what e-readers (such as the Kindle) use for their displays, instead of a back-lit LCD.

• dave says:

if there would be a tablet like this i would have it, whatever the price is. Great.. but still some companys think that noone needs a stylus.

• jag' says:

The market offers e-books and i-pads … but none is able to use as sketch-book.
    I'm waiting for this since a decade – would buy it immediately.
    Send the pics to WACOM!

• igor chak says:

• Rob says:

Would likely need to be nearly twice as thick to get enough processor and graphics power packed in there – Which I would not mind. Also, I'm not sure if your design incorporates this or not, but a small rotation point on the back, like on the 12″ cintiq, would be awesome.

• anonymous01 says:

What about the cables that may interfere with the hand that controls that round button?!

• Eda says:

I really would like to have one of those. I would like a tablet like that and that you can navigate too, like asus, and with a good battery…

• Vimal Kumar says:

Netbook also we can have without QWERTY. Using touchpad , user can use GUI . For typing onscreen keyboard can be used . For multi language 7keypad can be used.
    G7->Touchscreen/pad
    G77->Multitouch Screen
    K77->7keypad

G7 video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpeBrSLSgdc

• Vimal Kumar says:

G7->Touchscreen/pad
    G77->Multitouch Screen
    K77->7keypad

G7 video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpeBrSLSgdc

• bodoh says:

designed only for right-handed people…. look at button text :-j

• very interesting idea but should have an LCD color display

• nickchan says:

Hi, everyone would like to have big screen & full color machine, please consider to save the world, I concern is it necessary electric charge each hour? As I can see my office all colleague power charge IPHONE & relate product all day long!

I'm really suspect that is a high technology world?

• Lmwwodo says:

Im salevationg over tis tablet as we speak i want one

• i would love to buy it i cuz i hate using a mouse

• Alex Ong says:

This is something I could see Wacom making a few years down the road. They already have pen-multitouch hybrid drawing tablets (I own one here), so this looks to be the next logical step for them.

• Alex Ong says: