Conceptual HTC New Eden is Beautiful

The HTC New Eden 1 Concept is 1 of 2 designs to come out of the New Eden project, hosted by BriefMobile, that sets out to create the most appealing, feasible, hardware design for mobile devices. It aims to captivate with innovative and attractive hardware, as HTC did with the original Touch Diamond and other products that followed. The New Eden 1 is a device with a durable aluminum shell that combines traditional HTC design language with a fresher, more futuristic look.

I think it’s a good direction but something about the design, and to a larger extent all HTC phones, doesn’t feel effortless. Yes it’s clean and minimal but I think it’s time for designers to look elsewhere for inspiration. Apple has the whole slim aluminum and glass aesthetic down. It’s become a part of their DNA. Any manufacturer playing with those materials fall victim to the “it’s not an iPhone” category. There are other materials out there to play with – wonderful and tactile options that can enhance the mobile experience in a way Apple hasn’t thought of yet. Thinking caps ON!

Designer: Jason Wang

• Dwight says:

Golden!! I love it!!

• JosH says:

really nice, but the back needs to be cleaned up. consumers don't like writing that doesn't blend in.

• Rio says:

I like this one

• Rio says:

I like this one

• kirk s says:

Current Mobile Phones are clunky, ergonomic failures. HTC's phone here still lacks what I call “tactile correctness”. That is that it cannot be operated with one hand comfortably. I took a stab at redesigning this type of mobile phone platform myself awhile back. My solution is a hard, rigid, durable phone that changes shape in you pocket using your own body heat. I think my solution just may solve many things like garment pocket comfort, tactile egonomics and may allow phone mfgrs to bring their existing flexible screen patents and technologies to market in 18 months, not 3-5 years as they currently project. If you have an interest, feel free to view my idea Here. Thanks for any feedback! Cheers

• Jason Wang says:

Can you stop promoting your stuff on my stuff? Please? You've done this on every website that's featured my stuff I've checked up on. It's a good concept, but this is no way to promote it. Thanks.

• KHALID says:

I REALLY LIKE IT

• KHALID says:

I REALLY LIKE IT

• I hope this phone comes out this year, I want it!!!!!

• I hope this phone comes out this year, I want it!!!!!

• Jason Wang says: