Water is Money

The +-water meter is a digital device that attaches to faucets and gives you accurate feedback about usage. It stands out from other meters by converting the consumed liters into actual cost! Now you’ll know your water bill in advance, sort of!

Designer: Young-Suk Kim

• Quakr says:

This is quite interesting, but is flawed in a sense: people have several faucets and other water consumption devices in their homes, like washing machines. How do you deal with that?

I really like the idea, but it would only work if you had one of each in every water pipe “out”, and they all synced to each other, to give you a total value.

• Miguel says:

This very interesting! never the less i completely agree withe Quarkr you need a central device gathering all the data… could this also be transformed so it can be applied to the electric consume of our homes…? that would be great!

• Anonymous says:

Whoa! Not bad.

• cbd says:

I agree with the posted comments, however, I do believe that if this was installed on the kitchen sink, and perhaps just one more faucet of regular use in the house, the end goal would likely be accomplished… i.e. being much more conscious of how much water you're using in your house, and actively trying to reduce this. The bathroom sink is likely to be affected, even with no meter on it, is what I mean.

• Mike says:

ARM (automatic radio meter) been out for more them 15 years. All you need is to setup your computer to pick up radio signal. The software I use is from Greentree. Enter your radio ID number which is printed on the meter. This will give you access to your water meter database. Haha I know when my neighbor wake up in the middle of the night to take a leak.

• Nick says:

Something you have to take into consideration is that a very cool display like this may actually encourage consumption. There is definitely a “toy” effect: seeing your consumption total tick up in some kind of cool animation could actually spur people on rather than causing them to reduce consumption. Of course, this would need to be prototyped. People work in mysterious ways 🙂

• 节约水资源 为地球做贡献

• Yoori says:

E philasophy is good, but i think the solution is not clever enough to support the philasophy n give us some msg,, especially i dun like using LED for faucet.. Gd job anyway

• Yoori says:

• Yoori says:

E philasophy is good, but i think the solution is not clever enough to support the Philasophy n give us some msg,, especially i dun like using LED for faucet.. Gd job anyway

• Yoori says:

• Natalie says:

I have a water meter and this would be really useful for me as the monthly bill can mount up, anything that helps my pocket is a winner rom me.

• Craig says:

Im not sure of the money saving capabilities of this product but im sure it would have to be a lot more substantial than the pounds it would save me to display it in my kitchen. It looks like somebody pulled something off the back of a washing machine and stuck it on the tap!

• Fiaz says:

I can see that this is a useful device for saving water and some people may find it useful but from my point of view I think it looks hideous, cheap and tacky. Something you would get from the pound shop!

• Fiaz says:

• Michael says:

This one is really amazing!

• Michael says:

This one is really amazing!

• Preeti says:

very cost effective invention dear Young-Suk Kim…nothing is free int his world ,everything has a price

• Preeti says:

• Jimmy C says:

Perhaps connecting them with Bluetooth would solve the multiple faucets issue. Nice job.

• WILMAR GONZALEZ says:

me interesa

• saeid says:

Mr Young-Suk Kimi ,
    I want to know , is produced this device, how much does it cost?