How to make a very Long Pencil, Lesson #3

On one hand we have the Continuous Pencil where the stub is fashioned to fit into a wooden stick to lengthen it. And on the other hand we have the simple 1 + 1 = 1 Pencil, where a plastic tube connects two stubs to make one long pencil. In Lesson #3 we have To Be Continued, a plastic extension with the added functionality of a sharpener. Once again designers iterating the need to use a pencil to it’s very last bit and I totally agree with them.

Designers: Cheng-Tsung Feng & Bo-Jin Wang

to be continued 60sec from Feng,Cheng-Tsung on Vimeo.

• This little gadget is ingenious, I gotta have one…. Well 3 for the kids actually (and 1 for me)!

• Ashley says:

This needs to be mass-produced, right now.

Brilliant.

• Ashley says:

This needs to be mass-produced, right now.

Brilliant.

• Chris says:

You peel the pencil in wrong direction, a standard pencil sharpener is designed to peel clockwise.

• Chris says:

• Chris says:

• Chris says:

I think this concept is similar to Faber-Castell sharpener (Perfekter Bleistift 182997)

• Chris says:

• Yachi says:

I want one,please

• Yachi says:

I want one,please

• TKSH says:

Wonderful solution to use return the IKEA´s pencils!!!!
    I want it!!!!!

• TKSH says:

Wonderful solution to use return the IKEAs pencils!!!!
    I want it!!!!!

• James says:

I've always wondered why the graphite goes right to the end of the pencil when no one can use it. As a child I used to get three lolly sticks and tape them to the end of a tiny pencil in a triangular shape so I could keep using it quite comfortably in the same way this works. Nice development that I'm surprised no one has really done before.

• James says:

• Carlos Albert says:

The problem I see with this is that we don't see how the sharpening of the graphite progresses, so we can under-sharp the graphite (and hence repeat the process) or we can over-sharp the graphite (with the risk of breaking it). However, this can be easily solved with a clear plastic design or at least with a clear window or lid where the sharpening takes place. Thanks! Carlos Albert

• Carlos Albert says: