Lofty Fruit and Plant Storage

So you’ve got some tiny plants and you’ve got a few bananas and orange you need stored somewhere in your kitchen but you just cant find the space, right? Check this design out. It’s called Cocoon and it’s made for kitchen storage. It’s made to be a storage unit that combines decoration, storage, and cultivation for the kitchen and the kitchen window. It’s got an organic shape so the plants will love you, and it’s got an alcove for all your round and banana-shaped belongings.

In this container you can store spices and fruits, allowing you both color and life in the kitchen without taking up space on your tiny counters. Cocoon is made of a clay that’s able to absorb water from cultivation, and when it evaporates, the storage is cooled. Sounds like a total package!

Designer: Mans Salomonsen

• Kerstin says:

This is a fabulous item! Where can I get it_

• Kerstin says:

This is a fabulous item! Where can I get it_

• Ilya Fridman says:

Beautiful!

• Ilya Fridman says:

Beautiful!

• Dwight says:

Hope this goes into production

• Dwight says:

Hope this goes into production

• James says:

You get someone designing a mobile phone that isn't inventive, innovative or practical and you'll have every tom, dick and harry drooling over it with 90 comments saying how much they want it despite the fact they'll swap in within a few months. Then you get something like this which I have seen similar products, but is really lovely and it's mostly ignored. I haven't found an idea on yanko for quite some time that I've thought "wow, I really like that", but this is one of them. I think the clay aspect is nice and makes a change from plastic. I'd like to see photos of this in context in an actual kitchen to see how it would work. Would you need a high ceiling or would it still work with a lower one? Love the idea, although would only really work in larger kitchens rather than my pokey one.

• James says:

You get someone designing a mobile phone that isn't inventive, innovative or practical and you'll have every tom, dick and harry drooling over it with 90 comments saying how much they want it despite the fact they'll swap in within a few months. Then you get something like this which I have seen similar products, but is really lovely and it's mostly ignored. I haven't found an idea on yanko for quite some time that I've thought “wow, I really like that”, but this is one of them. I think the clay aspect is nice and makes a change from plastic. I'd like to see photos of this in context in an actual kitchen to see how it would work. Would you need a high ceiling or would it still work with a lower one? Love the idea, although would only really work in larger kitchens rather than my pokey one.

• TKSH says:

Wonderful example that is able to lodge utility and beauty. Congratulations!!

• TKSH says:

Wonderful example that is able to lodge utility and beauty. Congratulations!!

• Alli says:

How do I find this, buy this?? I have been looking for it everywhere

• Alli says: