Shave with a Flick of a Finger

Ring-shaver is a small, tube-shaped shaver that slips over the finger. In comparison to traditional shaving, Ring-shaver allows a more flexible shaving action. A toggle switch activates the flywheel to provide the necessary driving force. Ring-shaver does not require charging. It saves energy and is easy to carry. Great for sparse facial hair.

Ring-shaver is a 2010 Red Dot Concept Award winning entry.

Designers: Xiang Qin, Yin Qin, Yiyan Ge & Xinxin Sun

• erica says:

I dont know men like it or not but I like it. it's fine for the small areas. good concept

• erica says:

• Yohann says:

Red Dot Award??? Seriously??

• Yohann says:

Red Dot Award??? Seriously??

• tweakie says:

Very neat design.
    How, I wonder, is it powered 'Ring-shaver does not require charging'.

• tweakie says:

Very neat design.
    How, I wonder, is it powered 'Ring-shaver does not require charging'.

• 58Vovan says:

It's probably for developing countries

• 58Vovan says:

It's probably for developing countries

• Thefundu says:

Yeah, that should be awarded , no doubt!!!

• Thefundu says:

Yeah, that should be awarded , no doubt!!!

• Pretty cool looking design. But in reality, I don't see this being any easier or more accurate than a regular multi-blade razor.

• Interesting concept, I really like the portability of it. However, I feel that this concept is a bit underdeveloped, or at least a bit under-explained. how exactly does it work on the inside? I'm assuming since there are no exposed blades that this uses the same mechanical concept as most electric razors… but how is it powered, and how do the components fit in such a small package? Have you thought any about how you might address Human Factors in terms of varying sizes of fingers?

• Shree says:

It’s cool where can i buy this product in India.

• Shree says:

It’s cool where can i buy this product in India.

• vogelcube says:

This looks like it's similar to a Electric razors, where the hair goes into a hole, and then gets cut. However, it works more like an inverse pencil sharpener, so you actually cut the hairs by rolling the device across your face. The hairs go into the holes, and then get cut with the blades on the inside of the ball. A standard size can apply, as even the thickest man's pinky will be the same size of a regular forefinger.

• vogelcube says:

• minwoo says:

I really want it…Is it on sale?
    it's design is very neat and it is very useful because it don't need to charge

• minwoo says:

I really want it…Is it on sale?
    it's design is very neat and it is very useful because it don't need to charge

• 2. el esya says:

I have to agree with tweakie, it's nice but nothing I haven't seen a thousand times before in shops like that and hanging about

• murtza says:

It’s cool where can i buy this product in pakistan. what is its price

• Terra says:

Highly energetic article, I enjoyed that bit. Will there be a part
    2?

• Mr John says:

Really a very great concept.. I realy like it.

• RJW says:

where can i buy it or talk with manufacturer I am interested in talking to them about sales under my
    trademark name
    RJW
    execintl@comcast.net

• Peter says:

The weird part is that it took 4 people.