A Double Squeeze

The Citrange is a hand squeezer for the citrus fruits in your life. The unique funnel design makes it feel that the juice is going to spill out of the glass; but it does not. The double-grooves design allows you to squeeze the wide (like an orange) to the narrow (like a lime) fruit from either ends of the juicer. I like the fact that a strainer is built-in and the overall procedure cuts back one whole step in juice-squeezing. Ok, I love it!

Material: Polypropylene
Photo: Christophe Sépulchre

Designer: Quentin de Coster

• Bahman says:

Brilliant!

• Bahman says:

Brilliant!

• Arthur says:

Very innovative! like it!

• Arthur says:

Very innovative! like it!

• TidMiste says:

Sounds like a cool concept, but my main problem would be the glass you squeeze the juice in. From the way it looks in the picture, you'd be pressing down from the top on a glass with this squeezer, and that could possibly cause the glass to break.

If it's tested and that doesn't happen, I might buy it.

• TidMiste says:

If it's tested and that doesn't happen, I might buy it.

• TidMiste says:

Sounds like a cool concept, but my main problem would be the glass you squeeze the juice in. From the way it looks in the picture, you’d be pressing down from the top on a glass with this squeezer, and that could possibly cause the glass to break.

If it’s tested and that doesn’t happen, I might buy it.

• TidMiste says:

If it’s tested and that doesn’t happen, I might buy it.

• Susanna says:

Monsieur Starck adieu!

• Susanna says:

Monsieur Starck adieu!

• yulu says:

Interesting concept but potentially dangerous

• yulu says:

Interesting concept but potentially dangerous

• that guy says:

looka like a buttplug

• that guy says:

looka like a buttplug

• Seba says:

what about the pulp ?? mmmmmm i dont like the concept cuz i think is very messy ..

• shushu says:

please don't comment if you haven't used a normal squeezer and don't have a brain capacity to think.

this is one of the better designs from here that will actually work.

great job.

and for retards saying this is not safe for the glass, how do you think it was done before?

sigh… please try to think.

• Gwen says:

and why do u think its not done like that anymore?

• shushu shut up says:

shushu,

maybe if you had used a normal squeezer, you would notice that few, if any, of them exert force onto the glass.

sigh… please try to not be such a ja*****

• Nikki says:

I don't know about you, but every juicer I've ever used (and yes, I do nearly always squeeze orange and lemon juice by hand rather than using a machine) either used the force between two hands – a typical handheld citrus reamer – or the force between your hand and a countertop – your typical countertop juicer. Neither sits directly on top of a glass, and certainly don't exert downward *and* outward force on the rim, as this design would.

As for Seba's coment, if you had the capacity to think that you're claiming Seba doesn't, you'd have noticed that the juicer allows all pulp that's squeezed from the fruit in normal operation to travel through the holes in the centre down into the glass. The blurb says this one has a 'strainer built in', but the closest I see is a funnel that *might* reduce the likelihood of pips in the juice, while getting clogged with pulp.

Rudeness doesn't really have the same effect if you don't even think about what you're saying and just focus on insulting people.

As for the design, I do actually like it, but it would need to have some kind of stand to avoid pressure on the glass, and some way of avoiding clogging before I'd consider buying it.

• Seba says:

• shushu says:

this is one of the better designs from here that will actually work.

great job.

sigh… please try to think.

• Gwen says:

and why do u think its not done like that anymore?

• shushu shut up says:

shushu,

sigh… please try to not be such a ja*****

• Nikki says:

• Pippen says:

Can i buy one or it it just a concept?… If so, where?… thanks in advance

• Pippen says:

Can i buy one or it it just a concept?… If so, where?… thanks in advance

• Anonim44 says:

Simple and practical. That all.

• Anonim44 says:

Simple and practical. That all.

• Thunder says:

copy!

• Thunder says:

copy!

• Manon says:

Great project! I want to buy one!!!

• Manon says:

Great project! I want to buy one!!!

• Design says:

Something for me.

• FinGer says:

This item IS dangerous. Broke 2 glasses straight off. Cut my finger in doing so. The pressure needed to get any juice at all is simply transferred into downward force on the glass rim. 2 attempts… 2 miserable fails. This is potentially… no DEFINITELY not to be left for kids to use, let alone supposedly competent adults.
    Disastrous design! (For the genius above asking ‘how do you think it was done before’… juice rested on the table…not glass, Einstein!
    Avoid.