Hannibal Lecter’s iPhone 4

Well here it is folks. The be-all, end-all of iPhone 4 cases. This case not only puts an end to “AntennaGate 2010”, but also effectively imprisons your iPhone behind a cage of steel and delrin. Designer Ryan Glasgow brings his meticulously built, hand made creation to market for a reasonable $95 USD. Features include a 304 stainless steel body, hinged lid, elastic band for holding cards or locking the lid in place and delrin fastener housings. No word on its durability so if any of you Yanko readers out there buy one, please drop us a note.

Designer: Ryan Glasgow for LtdTools

• edddd says:

Not being able to tough the bottom left corner
    Signal improved by 25 %

Placing the whole phone in a faraday cage and completly shielding the antenna with sheetmetal
    Signal improved by -95%

Great job!!

• PDE says:

Wrong.
      A microwave oven is a Faraday cage, designed to block the emissions of the magnetron (very important!) But even most microwaves can't block cell phone signals. Besides, this case has openings larger than the signal wavelength, and won't block them.
      Nice attempt to sound intelligent by using the term 'faraday cage' in a rant though.

• burningspear says:

Great, isn't it? At least you can use the phone beneath some tesla coils should you wish to do so.
      + There are nicer Metal cases F*ing up your reception out there…

• quantum says:

Faraday cages require there not to be any holes larger than the size of the wavelength being blocked, and those holes in the case seem large enough, particularly around the antenna itself. The entire metal side serves as the antenna and there are plenty of gaps that would let the signal out. The problem with the antenna was that sweaty human skin is a conductor which shorts out the two antennas by crossing the gap between them, I would be more worried about the metal also shorting out that gap considering it is a better conducter than skin, it would have to be insulated from the two antennas in some way, but that shouldn't be to hard. In other words, the case would probably act like a faraday cage some what and decrease signal strenght, but nothing like 95% considering the large holes expecially around the antenna.

• edddd says:

Not being able to tough the bottom left corner
    Signal improved by 25 %

Signal improved by -95%

Great job!!

• PDE says:

Wrong.

• burningspear says:

+ There are nicer Metal cases F*ing up your reception out there…

• quantum says:

• HURPADERPA says:

A faraday cage is a box inside a box edddd. Like an elevator inside an elevator shaft. This is just one box. Go back to school.

• HURPADERPA says:

• Marzaday says:

I didn't get the original sheet metal I-phone cover and I don't get this one. Why oh why would you put something as beautiful, elegant, streamlined, if a little flawed at the moment as the I-phone 4 in a metal cage? It "May" protect the phone… I have my doubts but it will certainly destroy any pocket you put it in. To rewrite the final paragraph above, "No word on its durability so if any of you Yanko readers out there buy one, please get a new life". Sorry but this is an epic fail. If anyone disagrees, please let me in on the secret.

Right rant over, I am off to spray paint the Mona Lisa ๐Ÿ™‚

• Marzaday says:

I didn't get the original sheet metal I-phone cover and I don't get this one. Why oh why would you put something as beautiful, elegant, streamlined, if a little flawed at the moment as the I-phone 4 in a metal cage? It “May” protect the phone… I have my doubts but it will certainly destroy any pocket you put it in. To rewrite the final paragraph above, “No word on its durability so if any of you Yanko readers out there buy one, please get a new life”. Sorry but this is an epic fail. If anyone disagrees, please let me in on the secret.

Right rant over, I am off to spray paint the Mona Lisa ๐Ÿ™‚

• Saver says:

Completly wrong!!!

• Saver says:

Completly wrong!!!

• Jane says:

I kind of am in love with the design of this iPhone case. But if it kills the reception, well screw that.

• Jane says:

• Chris says:

looks bad, doesnt work….this is an epic design fail…

• Chris says:

looks bad, doesnt work….this is an epic design fail…

• blendtec says:

but does it blend?

• blendtec says:

but does it blend?

• blendtec says:

but…will it blend??

• blendtec says:

but…will it blend??

• guest says:

Try it first.

I'm hearing signal attenuation is minimal with this design ( open sides ).

• guest says:

Try it first.

I'm hearing signal attenuation is minimal with this design ( open sides ).

• Nemephosis says:

Jesus Christ, if you want to protect your iphone 4 just get a case made of TR90. All the protection, none of the stupidity.

• Nemephosis says:

• Martin says:

OMG !!! I gotta get me some of these on my store … now this is how you protect your phone …

• Solano says:

How much is the price after convert to Singapore dollars plus shipping ?

• The next indicate consider when deciding on such an oven would certainly be the perks as well as purposes concealed within the shell of this.
    Microwave task is increased at the sides, less at the facility.
    There’s a glass holder that turns inside concerning this microwave.