Phone On Board

This is sexy enough to make me want a handset. Phone On Board originated by observing how space is used around a phone. People make calls but also keep pens, notes, keys – any number of things. The design itself is minimal enough to live in Muji stores and I love how the no-frills design of the handset brings all the attention to the base plate. Stunning example of design by extension and adaptation.

Designers: Shin Go Eun & Giha Woo

• Hua Tan says:

what a nice concept, and clean design too!! love it

• Jack Eponymous says:

It would be cool if the base was like a whiteboard, so you could jot down phone numbers and then call the number, before erasing the base.

• Jonathan Jay says:

I would buy this in a heartbeat with one adjustment, caller id. It would be neat if the number could appear on the back of the phone illuminated without a screen. I think I’ve seen it before where the text seems to just show up. There is such a design gap in home phones, this is great.

• Jonathan Jay says:

• @Jack, looks to me – by the last photo – that the base IS like a whiteboard. They're holding a dry-erase pen over it…

• Nexxo says:

The first cordless handset I want to buy. Need!

• Nexxo says:

The first cordless handset I want to buy. Need!

• Georgenuvn says:

Hi everyone I simply wanted to bring in myself. If you have any questions please feel free to inquire. Sorry for my personal poor language