Bedazzled By The Charming Phone

Smashing to look at, you’d be surprised to know what specs this beauty called Lightpool Phone posses. Designed by Hironao Tsuboi, the bedazzler features TFT Liquid Crystal display and 8.08 megapixels / CMOS camera. Crafted with a unique expressive edge, the phone comes to life with colorful lights that shimmer in sync with your tunes. The black and white version reminds me of the quaint cottages I saw on my last trip to Europe. If I were to pick, I’d go with the pink version…which one would you choose?

Light Features:

• 22 LED Triangles cover the outer surface of the phone.
  • 10 preset light and sound themes included.
  • 60 different patterns of light shimmer, when you receive a call or open and close the phone.
  • Lights also shimmer on the hour to indicate the time.

Designer: Hironao Tsuboi for IIDA

• fb says:

Change that to a candy bar style, touch screen, 4G enabled phone with HD video recording and I’m on board.

• Emily says:

It is far too large when it is flipped open for me to want to purchase it.

• Emily says:

It is far too large when it is flipped open for me to want to purchase it.

• shonn says:

stupid design. if they want to show it on the outside it should be carried further into the design on the inside and on the design of the GUI/ interface as well. this is just consumer design/ marketing. bad direction.

• shonn says:

• reality says:

have i woken up in the year 1999? a folding phone with buttons? say whhhaaat?

• siegid says:

I think it’s the different of eastern design and westren design.Why people just like the bigger touch screen,bigger HD,personally,I prefore a beautiful phone than a PDA which can make a phonecall…

• siegid says:

• Aki Pokes says:

Woah, this is one awesome phone! love the design! 🙂

• Aki Pokes says:

Woah, this is one awesome phone! love the design! 🙂

• @uopjo6 says:

A folding phone with buttons is waaaaaaaaaaay more practical than a touch screen. The flip acts as a guard. Buttons are tactile. No prints on your interface. Touch screens win in user experience though. And a bigger screen.

• @uopjo6 says:

• courtney says:

honestly, I think this is great. a gorgeous exterior cover makes up for the phone's size and, i agree, flip phones are much more practical in the sense i feel it is more protected

• Serena says:

I actually like this. it simple and cute with those light flashing when i am calling someone ^^

• I think this is among the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article. But wanna remark on some general things, The website
    style is perfect, the articles is really nice : D. Good job,