Sharpen Pencil, Get Eraser

So you’ve got a pencil and you need it sharp. You need it so sharp that you’d be able to draw a really sharp picture of your favorite Yanko Design design. That’s right, you could draw the Dew Capturing Pyramid, the doo doo weighing toilet seat, or the wishbone MP3 player. Draw it. Sharp pencil, and woo! You get a bonus with this little mama. You get an eraser made out of the wood you chopped off the pencil.

Eraser! It’s like using the whole bison.

You know the folks who came here before the Spanish and those people from the UK, they had a bunch of tribes and clubs and groups that basically all hunted and used all kinds of bison. They used the WHOLE thing. They used the bones, the fur, the meat, and the eyeballs!

And now, these fabulous folks you see in the designer slot below this paragraph, they’re doing the same thing with a pencil. First you plug this device in, then you sharpen the pencil, your turning of the crank smashes and squishes that wood into an eraser for you too! Yay!

Designer: Hao Gin Weng, Siang Yin Ke, and Che Hao Li

reuse01

reuse02

• reality says:

so wood plus bits of pencil ‘lead’ mashed together and bonded somehow, makes a good eraser? err i dont believe you. what bonds this together?

• Yuuta says:

But… there’s also bits of lead in pencil shavings so how is it going to make a decent eraser?

• Eak Phanunan says:

Woods can erase pencil marks ????
    That’s so …..

• mif991 says:

A good eraser costs less than a buck, how much does it cost to make this device and to produce the eraser from a pencil(s)?

• Dora says:

so, it’s like it’s pooping out the eraser, yes? hm…interesting

• igorchak says:

Come on people!!! I’m tired of these useless designs by people that think they are designers. I do not want to offend the designer but where is the rational thinking here?!?!! It’s like saying “from all the bits that come from sharpening a pencil you get a cube that can heal cancer”….
    Erasers are made out of rubber, pencils are made out of wood and lead….unless you can smash particles to change wood/lead in to rubber then this is the most useless design/idea ever…And what’s the point of the crank if it’s electric??? Do these “designers” even know how things work/function?

• ACH says:

HI! No offense to people who think it's a crazy idea… when i was about 10 yrs old, I did make erasers from pencil shavings, quite don't remember how but i will figure out…and I stumbled upon this while googling!! So, it is possible…I had done it. Just need to remember how!!

Wish me luck/…U will see it soon
      AC

• ACH says:

Wish me luck/…U will see it soon
      AC

• Bryan says:

lol alchemy machine..

designers need to explain moree

• tryner says:

…..really? Pretty sure if i rub a stick across my paper it will do 3 things; 1) smudge the lead, 2)rip the paper as i vigorously scrub harder out of frustration, 3) make me feel like a complete idiot for ever thinking that i could ever get this to work…. as I curse the old man who sold me 3 beans for a cow.

Also, how does it stay together? Pretty sure if i put pencil shavings in a hydraulic press all i’d have is thinner pencil shavings. How about using the shavings as mini mulch for my desk plant instead? hahaha

• Nancy says:

worst design ever….doesn’t even make sense…

• Lars Ylrich says:

eh..so..and then..what?

Kind of look like an ordinary pencil sharpener with a a-hole in the front?

Making erasers from wood with a lot of nice black graphite in it to erase on black paper? Que?

• Gen says:

Why do you pull out the box?

• mif991 says:

It took three designers to come up with this. That is what is aggravating, perplexing and perturbing. Igorchak is right, you might as well say that the cube cures cancer.

• Kim says:

I seriously thought this was a joke. Now I wonder if they also claim that this is eco.

• Hollis Ervin says:

Wow. Idiots. Seriously.

• daretofail says:

so marvelous!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Bob says:

Very interesting idea!
    But, unbelievable!

• That can only work if you sharp the rubber at the end of the pencil and then make it part of the new rubber. I'm sure that part will erase something. lol

• Charlie says:

where do u buy it?

• Charlie says:

where do u buy it?

• Jimmy C says:

YOU NEGATIVE COMMENTEERS ARE IDIOTS!!!!!!

• Jimmy C says:

YOU NEGATIVE COMMENTEERS ARE IDIOTS!!!!!!

• smita says:

its good.pls send details of cost.

• abaya jilbeb says:

Nous le savons bien, le web regorgent de boutiques qui ne sont motivés
    que par l’appât du gain et proposent des abayas
    bêtes à des prix ahurissants. Pire encore, elles mettent en avant une pseudo-qualité qui en réalité n’est pas plus sûre que celles des autres boutiques.
    Le commerce se veut équitable en Islam et à la portée de, ne vous ruez pas sur les
    boutiques aveuglément, et la e-réputation d’une boutique n’est absolument pas une certitude en vue de les acheteurs.

• Hi to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting more from this web
    page, and your views are nice in support of new visitors.

• Actually, the correct term is “nausea and vomiting of pregnancy”.
    Besides feeling better after the HCG program, you are going
    to look better too. Determining cause and effect is not really possible.

• Otherwise, hair may recede and erode further beyond your
    transplant, requiring additional surgeries in the future, because male pattern baldness is
    a progressive condition of hair loss over time. ‘ Curl-enhancing and soft blends for
    superior control. This has proven useful in boosting growth
    of hair, because massages allow tension to work its way out of the body; tension is
    a major cause of hair loss.

• hajirah says:

where can I buy this?

• Buster says:

I just use the old belts out of my belt sander, Probably works better than wood/lead shavings !!! By the way my belt sander also works as a paper shredder, Oh man I hope these guys dont steal my idea !!!