Tickle Me Butts!

Actually, more like Butts Chair Change. This chair is called the “Bristle Me Chair” and is designed to change as you use it. Going right beside the old, correct way of going about possessions, this chair was made to change the perception that old is bad. Old is used, used means broken in. Broken in means unique and sculpted to the person who uses it! This is the Bristle Me Chair.

Meagan Roberts wanted to create an object that changed gradually over time, gradual being a key point, with the objective being that as the object changed, it would be perceived as better than new. In the world we live in, especially where I live, midwest USA, most, and I mean MOST people consider something that’s old to be something that is ready to be thrown out.

It is perceived and reinforced in our society that if you can buy something new as easily as keeping the old, it’s foolish to keep the old! But I say to thee thus: Brisle Me Chair. Keep the old. Lose the judgement, buy things you don’t have instead of replacing things that do not need replacement.

Bristle Me Chair!

It is a revolution in possessions!

Designer: Meagan Roberts

bristleme01

Bristle Me Chair by Meagan Roberts

bristleme03

• Greg says:

What is this obsession among furniture designers with designing chairs that are nothing more than extruded curves. I feel this bristle design could be better applied to a more thought-out chair design. The whole time I was looking at it I kept thinking “why this shape?” I mean, if it’s supposed to be ultra comfortable, why make it a chair you’d only sit in long enough to tie your shoes?

• Tigerlilly1978 says:

reading the article I was expecting a nice desk chair. This does not look comfy

• Tigerlilly1978 says:

reading the article I was expecting a nice desk chair. This does not look comfy

• ozzykitten666 says:

The only thing that comes to my mind when I look at this is that someone decided to pull the ultimate prank and plastered the teacher's chair with chalkboard erasers… :/ I don't think that I could bring myself to sit on this chair because I'd be paranoid about standing up and finding chalk dust all over my butt.

• ozzykitten666 says:

• @SK3PS1S says:

Wouldn't it hurt to sit on while wearing anything besides jeans?

• @SK3PS1S says:

Wouldn't it hurt to sit on while wearing anything besides jeans?

• Dora says:

This website certainly has all the info I wanted concerning this subject and didn’t know who to ask.