Oh So Sleek Faucets!

Faucets are getting trendier and sleeker by the day. The shift in focus is to have a line up that is streamlined and not so obvious. While gilded ivory taps do have their charm, its sometimes the understated ones that really stand out. Trying to fit into this latest trend is the Fluid Faucet Series. The USP seems to be the cohesive design with seamless integration of touchpanels for water temperature control on the body of the faucets. Water pressure and other controls are located at the shower head.

Designer: Jordan Tomnuk

fluid

Fluid Faucet Series by Jordan Tomnuk

fluid3

fluid4

fluid5

fluid6

• Vasil says:

Interesting idea 🙂

• Jordan says:

Thanks for the comment, please tell me what you think i love constructive critcism.

• mif991 says:

Hi Jordan. How do you actually expect to have three different delivery systems in such a small casting? Can you elaborate? It is a beautiful set.

• Jordan says:

mif991 thanks for the comment. Of course this design is only in the early stages and much more development into the inner workings must be taken into the design considerations, however the thickness of the shower head for example is 3/4″ thick by 3″ wide, leaving enough room as it would most likley contian a slide valve controling the flow to the different pressure zones.Also the bath and kitchen faucets only have a adjustable temperature control which would most likley have a exterior combination valve connected underneath the counter surface.Once again thanks for the questions and i hope to resolve these sort of issues at a later date as i am currently attending the University of Alberta and my time is being used else where.

• mif991 says:

Jordan, one of our jobs is to figure out the inner workings of our concepts even before we render and have a presentation. As a professional your response will generate contempt from some of your bosses for you’d be wasting the company’s time and money. Please take this as constructive criticism….and I was in your shoes once. You must talk to an engineer for its feasibility and then post your idea (this is true for most ideas posted here).

• Marc says:

Cant wash hands in the last example 😐 too low.

• Jordan says:

Thanks for the posting, i hope to hear some constructive criticism that will help me further my designs.

• Jordan says:

one of my newer designs for the bathroom faucet has a higher rise, but this one is made for deeper set basin.

• venati says:

can u explain how’s the temperature changing mechanism work with a touch?
    and i think that faucet for the basin is placed too close to the bottom of basin.=D

• AlienzExist says:

Is it pliable? You show the faucet as if you can bend it into these shapes. Are they different models? There are no mechanism images… Nice rectangles, and nice job on the realism. Where are your countless hours of ideation??

• Jordan says:

Thanks for the comment.Each of these designs are for a certain purpose and are not by any means “bendable”, one is shower head,one is bath, and one is a kitchen. As for my countless hours of ideation and product research, i do have those along with a detailed product porposal.

• kps9727 says:

How do you plan to power these faucets? Certainly with touch controls there’s a certain amount of electronics in the background. Are you going to use the water pressure to spin a turbine and create electricity or plug it in to an external power source?

• Sheri Hunt says:

Is it available and if so is it available in bronze

• make this available. i would install it.

• make this available. i would install it.

• Jnox says:

Jordan, your ideas are beautiful even if there yet does not exist available technology or bending of physics to enable it. The future is what holds the key to bringing these ideas to life, not narrow-minded criticism. Your designs are definitely a good step forwards into the future, whether or not they are practical. I'm sure you have already improved since then.

• Jnox says:

• Matt says:

Ugly and severe for a device that may well find it’s way to a room I spend most of my naked time in. The human being is rarely more vulnerable than when they’re in the bathroom. This is why we tend to have rounded, smooth shapes in there. (Look again, you’ll see it’s USUALLY true) While I see you applied studied design theories to your concept, you forgot to take into account the most important factor of any design project: How does this object’s use interact with common psychology? It’s all technique and no heart, is what I’m trying to say, and you will see the drawbacks in sales.

• Kvettria says:

I disagree, as although this shape isn't rounded, it is smooth and sinuous. It looks to me quite liquid and not at all severe.

• Matt says:

• Kvettria says:

• Alla says:

hello,Jordan!I would like buy Fluid Faucet Series by Jordan Tomnuk.How i can do it and where? Thank’s.

• ryan says:

love it, want to know where i can buy it tho??