A Hot Bed

Are you really geared up for the winters? Really, really? I’m sure you must be having your woollies out, but there is always scope for improvement. How about Home Improvement? How about an enigmatic radiator that flips open to become this warm bed on the floor. Like the “Bediator”; I’ll endorse it only if it promises not to buckle under my weight.

Designer: Yi kunwoo

Bediator – Bed plus Radiator by Yi.Kunwoo

Bediator2

Bediator3

• cgouache says:

That is a nice work but you can’t seat on it for a very long time, it seems terribly unconfortable and hard.

• Bauski says:

Why is it, that every time I see concept, that is not thought through concerning practicality and that has a retarded, uncreative name I read the name of an Asian designer below? Or is it just cultural differences that shape taste and sense of sense?

• Jak says:

I like this design. I think the upside of it is that it is open concept, meaning it takes up little space in the house, and doubles as a radiator. However, I question how comfy it would be to lie on, and whether it was energy efficient. On the other hand, the air circulating through it is quite an interesting concept.

(If you endorse in it though, I agree with Bauski that you need a name that is a bit more sheek than “Bediator”)

• V2 says:

It look’s very uncomfortable, is a bed not supposed to get you in.
    Sitting on a radiator can be nice tho, with a case around and some pillows on top, looks better, is warm and you can look outside.
    But the radiator is very oldfashioned, there are much more efficient systems like earthwarmth and floorheating
    And idd bediator : gladiator hmmm

• Pat says:

I love it. Would like to have it in my house now. I have arthritis and am in great pain whenever the barometer changes. Happens seasonally where I live. Our house is OLD and my room is the coldest room in the house. The Bediator would supplement the heater and I could use the direct contact when I have the worse pain. All other good solutions require remodel and will cost at least $10,000. So this looks real good to me. Your right that it needs a better name.

• Maya says:

Is available in some store? or in this page? I really want to know if it has a price… because I need a bed and It's perfect to ask this on Christmas time 🙂

Thank's very much