Recycle Origami

Imagine putting all your unwanted trash papers into this recycle bin, and it spits out a trendy trash bin or stool made out of that same discarded paper. Call it Origami magic or Paper Mache wonders, but I think it’s an awesome game plan. The paper dumped into the Waste Paper Recycle Trash Bin gets mixed with “668 polyvinyl alcohol environment cement”, and is compressed into the trash-bin form.

The recycle bin for its eco-conscious, part features a touchscreen navigation display, a slot on the top for you to slide in the paper sheets, a cement-mixture-pouring-in compartment and thermovents at the back. The body is constructed out of aluminum and biodegradable plastics, but its unclear how the system runs or how does it source its power.

Designer: Qianqian Tao

recyclebin23

recyclebin

• yoyoMan says:

Nice, not just for trashcans,I can see different molds being sold for different products being spit out.. this is sweet.

maybe even lego like pieces that you can stack, re-stack into shelves, doghouse, sculptures, this baby’s got mad potential.

• I think the tapered edge on the front of the bin is quite elegant and allows it to fit in with the modern design movement

• b0g3l says:

great concept i say! cheers

• hkwfm says:

good concept,but may I ask how can I open the drawer-like structure in the front ?

• How close is this to actually being produced? This is pretty amazing, not to mention ridiculously sustainable!!

• mandy says:

do you have the e-mail address of this designer?
    thanks if you could send it to my mail box.

• matthias says:

absolutly nice thing……i want to have it !!!! please tell me, when i can buy one…..

• aaa says:

so you have to buy that stuff kin order to transform paper in beckers/stools only? wah, people has eaten up what remained of da brain…..

• khazaeli says:

hi please send me price of recycle bin .thanks

• Simply impressive…
    I do hope that this machine can live up to the consumers' expectations. It will surely be interesting to see this machine produce a stool from collected unwanted or shredded paper. It could raise awareness that we could still make use of the things we thought were no longer usable in another form.

• Simply impressive…

• It is good to know that there are still concerned people who do not cease to invent and come up with innovative ways on how to recycle or reuse paper. There are those who keep on blabbering about how to manage waste properly but they do not do anything to matters easier and more eco-friendly. I do hope that this idea becomes widespread so that the awareness regarding reusing and recycling paper products become widespread.

• Bruno says:

Hi, I’m brazilian,I’m 13 and I find this in google,this is amazing, I love it.
    Im brazil haven’t got this.
    Thanks

• Bruno says:

Hi, I’m brazilian,I’m 13 and I find this in google,this is amazing, I love it.
    Im brazil haven’t got this.
    Thanks

• N says:

How much is this machine? I want buy one of this to use in my office.
    Quick response would be highly appreciated. Thanks

• Anastasia Yasenchuk says:

Hello! Could you please provide with the country of origin, Exw price and conditions on which this recycling bin is sold all over the world? I am from Russia – would like to have such thing on the Russian market! Many thanks! BR, Anastasia Yasenchuk.