Pen Is Not My Friend

Keyboard and Words are my friends and we often play hide-and-seek when I do my posts. They either hide behind Mr. Wrong Spellings or screen behind Ms. Metal Block’s skirt. At such moments I turn to my other pal Mr. Mouse for some help. A right click, scrolling and some serious threatening and pesto they come out of hiding! All this fun is missed when I’m forced to use pen and paper! Wait a minute IDEA tells me they gotta Dictionary Pen for me that’s equally fun…hmmm…interesting!

Spell Check and synonyms are my life on the keyboard, so how does IDEA expect me to use the old fashioned pen and have fun? Sorry did I say old-fashioned, coz they tell me that the Dictionary Pen is new age and contemporary. It comes with a display, navi-buttons, an integrated wordlist and speech recognition. This means I simply speak my word into its mic and it will relay the correct spelling and meaning to the display. Wow fantastic! Now all I need to do is get used to the notion of using a paper and pen!

Designer: IDEA

• Luke says:

It’s got a chunky pen, a greyscale LCD attached to said pen, and an awkward-looking set of buttons to control said LCD.

I can’t help it, but the nostalgia is overwhelming. It just oozes with 90s sensibilities.

• confucius says:

1: Why does it have a pen when its got speech recognition?
    2: The ‘novelty’ of writing the word is quickly gonna disappear when people start getting cramp in their wrists from having that bulbous mass positioned above the wrist in mid air.
    3: Should have done a black and white version, would look like an orca.

• common sense says:

any sane designer who has ever used a pen in his life would know that the top cannot be heavy if it were to be actually used as a pen! what was he thinking! basic ergonomics my friends?

• common man says:

i think this pen is for people who have learning disability so i think we should not compare with the normal pen…..

• baqir says:

Hi all

I just wonder where i could get one of these pen. can anyone let me know. please

• Karen Manning says:

I have an autistic son who would greatly benefit from using the 'Dictionary Pen'. Where can I buy one of the pens? I cant seem to find an option to purchase on this website. Yours faithfully Karen Manning

• Karen Manning says:

• doreen says:

I need two of these pens, forget writing with them, just the idea of having something so portable for only spelling, especially for my dsylexia adult children, this would be a god send. anyone know where I can buy 2, 3 or 4 of them?

• Glen Fitzgerald says:

no no no no no one knows were to buy ‘Dictionary Pen’

• Ajay Padole says: