Headphones Kinda Neon Evangelion w/ Built-in Webcam

This unnamed design by Andy Kurovets and Kris Dekeijser is a headphone that doubles as a webcam. That giant crystal on the side is actually a cover hiding the lens. The idea is no matter where you’re listening to music, seeing your friends is just a crystal popping moment away. Would be amazing if someone could write software to see the world as only the side of your head could while listening to music. OR this could just be the next best thing to that Neon Genesis Evangelion costume you’ve been secretly toiling away at in your garage. Don’t lie!

Designer: Andy Kurovets & Kris Dekeijser

Model: Lena Nomerovchenko

• pythagoris says:

Wow. That is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. I didn’t even notice that she was wearing incredibly gaudy headphones until after 5 minutes of staring at her. She actually distracts from the product. Amazingly hot model, but probably a bad choice anyway.

• Hungry says:

Yes, I would like more photos of the model plz.

• Brian says:

The product is an interesting concept and addresses a problem people have always had with headphones when not wearing them. However, the model’s beauty is in the eye of the beholder though it would be nice to see a person of color used as a model sometimes.

• Canastrophy says:

Don’t know if the webcam/headphones mix fits, but if those were wireless headphones on sale, I’d buy them!

• Carl says:

cute girl, crap product.

• YourMaster says:

Model is NOT prity! In fact, she is looking like some dude…
    Have U ever saw a women in your life??

But the headset is looking nice. Don’t know about web cam and stuff. but the form is really nice.

• YourMaster says:

After months of practice I have learned to spell properly now, and no longer act like a sulking 8 year old when I’m posting comments on the web.

• Vesta says:

very intresting idea! i appreciate it

• Eric says:

I could care less who is modeling the product, and what “color” they are. I think we are here to discuss the designers product concept, and based on what I see- sure it’s cool looking, but I don’t see it gaining much ground beyond this website unfortunately…

• Mr. BabyMan says:

Didn’t Lando Calrissian’s aide wear this in “The Empire Strikes Back”?

• Anonymous1 says:

They look mad, reminds me of something from the evangelion anime series. I’d actually buy these as a christmas present to myself if I knew where I could get them. Probably sooper expensive, but funnily enough I am looking for a webcam and a pair of headphones.
    How do you hear the person ur chatting to speak when it is setup as a webcam though?

• kiran says:

I hope comfort matches how cool it looks. Personally, I think they should focus on being a unique looking headphone first. I’m a firm believer in being the best at ONE thing and then adding to the product later.

I’m not sure about the integrated webcam. I’m assuming it streams through a wi-fi connection? How interesting would it be to look at the side of someone’s room as they bob their head to music? It’s not worth the effort.

I’d rather see integration with something useful like Pandora.

And.. actually it does matter what color the model is. Not for this particular product, but for the selection of models that designers choose in general. White models are the ideal and that is a problem regardless of whether anybody wants to address it or not.

• Eric says:

Well thanks for “addressing” it. Does anything change now that kiran says it should? Didn’t think so. And never tell me what matters to me, cause I really don’t give a sh!t what color the model is, even if you do. They could put a fake alien in the picture for all I care, stop looking at the models, look at the product.

• kiran says:

I see no reason for profanity. Be civil, Eric. What are you, 13 years old?

I used to take photos like these. I’ve seen how my clients approved models. I will tell you that it is not fair in the real world. And since the people hiring me were concept designers, that does impact the designing community and I thought Brian’s comment had some validity. Though as I pointed out, I don’t think it necessarily impacts this particular concept product.

I should mention that I was working in the U.S. at the time. A very multi-ethnic country where the models used in the ads should reflect the population. Designers (and other clients) always went with white models. Nothing wrong with a white model per se – just that perfectly good models of other ethnicities were always discouraged from being hired. ALWAYS. Not just once in a while.

If you live in Norway (for example), my comment probably has little bearing on who designers hire because 90% of the population have the same skin color. But if you live in a country with a lot of diversity, then it starts to matter.

• zippyflounder says:

On the point your making about the models you quite right, at least for now. I do see in the not too distant future where as google will know everything about you all models of all products that you look at from a web site will be of your enthnic backgroud. Thats good for you Kiran, lots more work.

• Eric says:

Wow, you caught me. I’m 13 and have no clue what I’m exposed to. You couldn’t read my first comment, so I thought that would get your attention. I see it worked since you jumped at the chance to lecture me.
          Don’t think I’m disagreeing with you either, I’m not stupid, stupid. I agree with zippy as well…
          The ONLY thing that will change the model crisis is the younger generation replacing the people in charge of picking. And of course Google to save our day 😉
          Regardless of anything, I still say we are here to talk about the products, not some randoms model choice. They should require “shadow” figures or silhouettes if it would make you happier. I’ll keep ignoring them, unless you want to keep it off subject?

• Keron Calame says:

I wouldn’t really buy this but I must admit it is a creative concept and looks real cool

• Don LIm says:

this is creative design,got any more detail for it?

• Stainless Steel Bisc says:

Seems like a case of unnecessary convergence to me: Do that many headphone wearers need webcams? (And if they do, how do they feel about the additional weight of one on their heads?) Similarly do webcam users need headphones?

And if they do, how do they feel about paying for a product that will allow the use of only one or the other at a time?

I like the styling, but I would like more views of the product alone, the current 3/4s view of it covers up alot of the interior detailing.

• Stainless Steel Biscuit says:

• SkonOfVulcan says:

That model is hevenly. She made my heart skip a beat, and everything but her went out of focus. Is she single? I could but dream of ever finding a woman 1 tenth as beutifull as she. She makes me want to write poetry, dance in the rain. Such etherial form and grace, so rare. Sadly at 45 I’m probably to old for her.

• bizzybody says:

Cute model. I’d ask her out on a date.

The headphones thing reminds me more of the Persocoms in Chobits than the neural interface things in NGA.

• wizard13420 says:

where can i buy?

• mayel says:

amazing. where can i buy this?

• SkyWay says:

It’s a “design” on a “design” site. Most of these are not in production, as is the case with this. Moving on.

• Nathan says:

Make it.
    NOW.
    I will give you a blank check, so long as you make these things.

• uhh says:

The webcam and especially the webcam stand ruin it. Goofy cartoon feet? Come on.

• Carolina says:

I actually love the concept! I wish it was available for purchase, I’d get one immediatly (: