Chicken Heaven

Now these are some lucky hens. In fact they may have died and gone to heaven. A world away from the battery hen factories that are the standard in egg production comes the Cocorico hen house by Maxime Evrard. With animal welfare first and foremost, Maxime has created something that even the messiest chicken wouldn’t deficate on.

By reducing environmental impacts and encouraging domestic farming techniques, the Cicorico offers a more sustainable farming method, and does so with playful elegance from the egg shaped house to the feeder.

Designer: Maxime Evrard

• Guilherme says:

Beauty redesign. I love this!

• grandioso!, ottima ideae ottima realizzazione, complimenti

• spaceapple says:

Very nice! Those would be some happy chickens.

• Carl says:

great design, great concept. cant fault it..!

• Armin says:

so so. a bit overkill. i don’t think it will be used by farmers (they’d need 20+ of these, which would get expensive and unpractical), maybe for keeping chicken as pets.
    nevertheless, it’s a nice design 🙂

• pojan says:

for the concept is good. but i don’t think it would be easy to use rather than the traditional. The materials should be powerful for any seasons.

• Henrique Staino says:

it’s more like somethin a rich person would have in his cottage house than something for the “chicken business”..

• hekatesgal says:

as the owner of three hens, I must say this is the stupidest thing I have ever seen. The netted over area is far too small for the hens to get their scratching and grit needs. I’m concerned that the black would absorb sunlight and in the summer bake a hen laying an egg. I don’t see any boxes for the hens to lay eggs (in the summer each lays at least one a day) and it doesn’t appear all too easy for the humans to get in there to change bedding for the hens, and to get the eggs. The feeder is nice, but its been done, and I have one. And why can’t the hens get sunlight? Why do they have a tarp over them?

Over designed without a clue about actual chicken

• Renee says:

I agree on the impracticality of this- Where would the hens roost at night? Without any roosting spot, they’d sleep on the ground inside the pen, which would make them vulnerable to being ripped apart by raccoons reaching in- happens in the nicest neighborhoods in the city. There isn’t anywhere else they’d naturally go at night, as the egg-shaped thing is ridiculous at best.

It’s pretty, but wouldn’t actually work for chickens…maybe rabbits?

• Eric says:

RABBITS! Great idea! This is much more perfect for rabbits any day, great observation.

• Robdoch says:

I think it would work for a few chickens (and yes, I raise chickens). Position it correctly and they’ll have both sun and shade (and a roof for rain). The egg would heat up in the daytime, but the chickens would mostly be there roosting at night. Clearly, it’s intended for an urban chicken experience, and isn’t practical for more than two or three hens, but I think it could work for that, and be a lot prettier than most of what’s out there now.

• Unless one is using a very broody type of batams (smaller chickens that like to sit around a whole lot), this design would probably not offer enough space for most chickens.

• Jeannie Carriere says:

Are these available yet? Where can I buy one?!

• Carmen garcia says:

Yes, interested in one of these coops….are they still available?

• christina says:

Are these still available? Please let me know

• What i do not realize is in truth how you are not actually much more neatly-favored
    than you might be now. You are so intelligent. You know thus considerably in terms of this topic, made me in my view consider it from so many numerous angles.
    Its like women and men are not involved until it is
    one thing to do with Girl gaga! Your personal stuffs great.
    All the time care for it up!