E-note, Don’t Call it a Digital Post-it

From the minds at Sequoia Studio, E-note is a conceptual project that explores the future of Post-its (insert legal copyright here). E-note uses tactile and flexible electronic paper technology, powered by a solar captor. E-note can be stuck, and unstuck easily using special “Gecko” glue, inspired by biomimicry. It even has a visual alarm/organizing function, changing from 1 of 8 colors. I need this on my desk NOW!

Watch video that explains it all.

Designer: Sequoia Studio

• Carl says:

solar capacitor, gecko glue and biomimicry what utter Toss..! you forgot to use the dilithium crystals… post its can be recycled, can this?

• Mark says:

Actually solar captors have been in use since the 70’s and 80’s (solar calcs) and gecko glue is also real. It’s not an actual glue, but by simply mimicking the tiny nano structures found on a gecko’s foot, you can basically make anything stick to anything.

Might wanna learn before you comment Carl.

• KwangErn says:

Love it! How about A4 sizes?

• zippyflounder says:

ok take a totaly reliable, user freindly, cheap product and remove all the good aspects what you get….another “product” that is just landfill waiting to happen.

• Keith says:

I’ve been waiting for someone to develop a wifi version of this so that my redlining can be done more efficicently at work. Like KwangErn says, how about sizes A through E. Printing a C-size drawing just to have a rev block or something of the sorts be updated leads to lots of wasted paper.

• zippyflounder says:

take something that is cheap, relighable, efficent, useable by all, and recyclable and then redesign it so it is none of them………folly.

• Very cool idea. Thanks for posting the link to the video because I was wondering exactly how these worked.

• Carl says:

Hey Mark, ill apologise when i see this on the shelves. till then get bent..! this is a bad idea end of. deal with it.. tough love..

• rayelle says:

i like it, we use a lot of post it notes at my office these would be very useful

• Brian says:

Wow, a digital post-it… what is this, a student concept from the early 90s?

I’ve gotta agree with the other postings – it totally defeats the purpose of the original concept and will just be land fill fodder that doesn’t degrade like post-its do.

• IrishLord says:

I dont know why everyone is saying it will fill up landfills, the whole point is not to throw a bunch of post it notes away, now you can just reuse them over and over and never throw one away again.

• millron says:

IrishLord, the thing is that after the niftyness wears off of this invention, what are you going to do with it? Throw it away… just like I did with my Newton, PalmPilot and the cool Canon camera I had that recorded in analog onto mini-floppy disks. How about we stick to what works and will never need upgrading. I’ll stick with Post-Its.

• tiffany says:

i like it! but half of the site is french or spanish, so i dont get wether they are already out or you cant buy them in america or what. if possible i need to get them by christams. 🙂 could someone give a link to the place to buy it at?

thx-Tiff

• Alain says:

This is a great idea, i need to know when will this be in the market and on the shelves. Please notify me, I will be the first to purchase a few for our office.

• kai says:

E-Note looks neat.

For anyone that’s still a fan boy of paper Post-it(sticky notes), I am running a Post-it design contest at http://www.customright.com/submit-design?contest_id=1.
    The winning design will be printed on actual Post-it!

• Greetings froom California! I’m bored at work so I decided to browse your website
    on my iphone during lnch break. I enjoy the kowledge youu present here and can’t wait to take a look when I get home.
    I’m shocked at how quick your blog loaded on my phone ..
    I’m not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyways, excellent
    blog!

• My family members always say that I am wasting my time here aat net, but I know I aam getting knowledge everyday by reading such fastidious
    articles or reviews.

• short url says:

Thank you for some otfher magnificent article.
    Whre else could anybody get that kind of info in such an ideal method of writing?
    I have a presentation subsequent week, and I’m at
    the look ffor such info.