A New Way to Bike

That cushy padded seat on your bike is a fitness hinderance, preventing the toned legs Lance Armstrong would envy, and keeping your back unnaturally aligned. The TAURUS bike eschews the seat for a unique cab forward design. Designed specifically for children, you stand leaning forward enabling correct posture while making the largest muscles in your body work harder. The pedaling action is more akin to stair stepping. You’ll be fit and tone in no time.

In the back wheel hub of the bike, there are six condensers that store energy created from pedaling. This energy can be called upon when needed. There’s a display describing the relationship between the amount of energy created and stored. This provides the child with real time data encouraging them to pedal harder. To assure ease of transport within a car, the steering wheel and wheels themselves can be removed.

Okay, Julia Meyer – please design one for adults too. I need this. DO WANT!

Designer: Julia Meyer

• KwangErn says:

I like this design too, seems practical enough. I like how it gives you a better workout than just sitting.

• powers says:

I had an idea a lot like this for one of my transport classes. My team didn’t like it though. Oh well, it turned out great anyway. I like the execution here though. By the way, “hindering a hinderance”? I don’t think that says what you wanted it to. I’m not sure it says anything at all.

• zippyflounder says:

Lever drive bikes have been around a long time but “condensers” to store power? I am assumming she ment capicators would be problemtic at best, caps dump their power in one big womp, and if you happen to get one out can be deadly.

As to a better workout, not much differnce as your only demanding your legs to support you full time rather than part time. The peddles need to be interconnected btw, if not your ability to develop a good cadence is dependent on your dna, hey most of us cant tap dance either.

In the end, dump the super capicator’s, put in a nickle metal hydrate batter/motor/generator (thus sending price through the roof) or forget that and just use one way clutchs and let the kids have fun.

• Thursday says:

Think of the human. Storing power while pedaling means you get less to propell the bike forward, meaning the human has to pedal harder to get shorter. The high positioning of the steering, which you constantly yank and push in order to gain extra power to the pedals, coupled with the low positioning of the pedals makes for a really wobbly ride. Also the sheer geometry place the gravity center far up almost over the front wheel. You don’t want that

• Yarp says:

Thi is a great idea and I’d buy one provided it didn’t cost the earth…

Will there be an adult version?

• Eyal Zaidman says:

where do i buy the bike in Europe?

• devesh sinha says:

Wouldn’t it be more difficult to put the cycle on motion, i guess balancing will be the problem, while you try to paddle.else the concept is excellent.

• Rocio says:

I'm looking forward to getting the supplier of this bike, I'd be pleased to receive information, thanks

• BigBen says:

So….. The pedals are like a stepper exerciser and they 'store energy' in the hub?
    Dang! That surely has to be some kin to clockwork!

• cassie says:

Get a normal bike and dont sit while you pedal instead of blowing money on some high tech bike.. I used to stand while I was pedaling on my bike all the time. It’s not hard..

• Hector says:

What wonderful functions your blog has together with some very valuable suggestions for the reader.
    Not simple to reach today so well done!

• Thank you for your genuinely engaging comment – you simply can’t conquer excellent content!

• To give a really great inexpensive gift you have to think beyond the generic gifts of perfumed soaps and lotions for women and ties
    and socks for men. Got it, there’s no problem spending your hard-earned money on top quality restaurants’ mouth watering foods that make
    you long for more. The 2014 version is out
    and can be purchased for yourself or as a gift.

• We absolutely love your blog and find a lot of your post’sto bbe preciselly
    what I’m looking for. Does onne offer guest writers to write content for
    yourself? I wouldn’t mind composing a post orr elaborating on a few of the subjects
    you write related tto here. Again, awesome weblog!