Divining Rod Tech Rediscovered in Clock Form

I tell time and weather with the stars, of course, but soon I will be able to tell these things just as easily with a hunk of wood. That’s right! Inovaxion has created a wooden bit of clock and weather station that no sensible person with a hot collection of design oriented fun and helpful object would be able to turn down!

Designers at Inovaxion present the Woodstation: “[In a collaboration between] human-sized French company, INOVAXION, and a high-quality Chinese factory, AEROTIME, [this product was born.] When you get close to the WoodStation®, a movement sensor will detect you and will automatically [display] the product’s screen through the wood to give you information. … [The product’s main characteristics are] based on coloured luminous icons given through the wood screen and activated by a simple motion of the hand. In lighted mode, this powerful device will track fluctuations of barometric pressure, indoor relative temperature and indoor relative hygrometry data to provide you the weather forecast 12 to 24 hours in advance. The product also manages Hour, Calendar and Alarm clock functions. Big colored icons show sunny – partly cloudy – cloudy – rainy / snowy and stormy. Hour, Calendar, and Alarm clock are shown in red. This practical and useful product is suitable for both A/C Adaptor and batteries, which gives you the option to show it everywhere.”

Sébastien Wallet, a designer at Inovaxion, tells us that this awesome hunk of wood will be available at big shops on the French market in as little as 1 month! Lucky French and their awesome economy… wait nevermind. Buy this clock and stimulate your country’s economy!

Designer: Sebastien Wallet [ Via: Trends Now ]

• Eric G says:

I want to buy this when it comes out. Please provide the link when it is released.

• max says:

me too

• mikky d says:

me three

• lolly says:

me to
    thanks

• will says:

The idea of shining leds through wood for a clock was done before.

• Dear All,

I’m glad to know you like our new product.

The WoodStation© will be available in 2-3 weeks on the amazon.fr website.

I will provide you the link when it will be available !

See you soon 🙂

Seb’

• Eric G says:

Can you post a link to a detailed product description in english. Is this going to be USA friendly. I.E. farenheit us weather.

• Dear Eric,

This is our WoodStation© general features :
      – Weather forecast for the next 12/24 hours by colored icons : Sunny/Partly cloudy/Cloudy/Rainy/Snowy/Stormy(flashing light)
      – Display activation by sensor movement(Auto/On/Off mode)
      – Indoor relative temperature (°C/°F)
      – Indoor relative humidity (%)
      – Hour/Date/Alarm clock(Snooze function)
      – Available design : Maple or Walnut
      – Made in real wood
      – 6 Volts A/C Adapter or/and 4 LR06 AA (Alkaline batteries included)
      – Delivered in an exclusive “log box” with a multilingual user manual
      – Product size : 225 x 130 x 64 mm
      – Net Weight (without battery) : 0.600 kg
      – Warranty : 2 years

More pictures are available on this link : http://picasaweb.google.com/sebastien.wallet/WoodStation?authkey=Zk3MNhNGr84#

If any distributors are interested in the product, please to feel free to contact me at design@inovaxion.com

Cheers 🙂

• Eric G says:

Thanks a bunch. This will be on my night stand in 2-3 months.

• zuy says:

technology will disappear

• Eric G says:

Do we have an official release date?

• Emily says:

would this wood show exact weather forecast? Since it collects only barometric pressure,temperature and hygromitry of limited environment.
    OK. Maybe it’s enough to give you a little advice~~
    Nice design anyway~

• roger kaufman says:

Please contact me asap.

I have major customers in the US who will buy 5000 or more..please send me your contact for US sales today..I have meetings
    onday in Chicago with 2 of them…

Thank you. I am very connected in the clock and mailorder business here for 20 years. Love your idea.

Roger Z.Kaufman