Born to be Wild Design

In the competitive world of sleek and wind splitting motorcycle design, aero-dynamic drag efficiency takes a back seat only to face stretching speed and performance. This latest concept by NON-OBJECT called “nUCLEUS” throws out the current rule book and presents this “Square Against Air” electric motorcycle design. nUCLEUS boasts a thin comfortable saddle and horse-like behavior that lowers itself when idle and raises when in motion. The air defying side-view hides the fact that these pieces of metal are simply blades from the front. I would be curious to see how this machine proves itself in a wind tunnel and stability at high speeds.

Side note: You NEED to check out the movie page here. It’s mind blowing.

Designer: Non-Object

Park mode

Run mode

Front view

Back view

• ModuleS says:

hands down this is the craziest thing I have ever seen and the coolest. Sign me up for a newsletter for any production news on it.

• kc! says:

Make it then sell it to me.

• jas says:

talk about a paper cut.

But really this is a very nice design, although it probably wobble out of control or lift off from the front opening. Very futuristic

• Ian says:

Man I wish I had time to design joke products like this.

• Lim says:

Lol….Scary, ModuleS and kcl must have been very supportive hahaha.. It looks super crude to me and i dont know how you gonna enter that thing…

• igreenspot says:

weird design, I wish there were picture of this motorcycle with a man ride on it, I don’t see how we can ride this thing

• songwei says:

The form looks good on side view though. Interesting concept coming from user experience point of view. But i was wondering how can the bike lean sideways when approaching a corner

• ……. ridiculous…..

• Piece Works says:

This is a joke. Right?

• Anyone who’s ever ridden a motorcycle can tell you now that this simply will not work – in order to turn a corner on a motorcycle you need to lean into the corner. Leaning over on this bike will see you scraping the side ferring and falling right off. Add to that the fact that there is no movable gear or break pedal, and that the first sideways whisper of wind will throw you right off balance and you’ve got a pretty lousy, impractical design.

Design is supposed to be a combination of aesthetic beauty and practicality. This is neither.

• Mark says:

It’s kind of ironic that while thinking outside the box, you come up with .. a box.

• Dan says:

This is far from an inspiring/inspired design… Besides the fact that it will blow over in a cross wind, it will become the worlds largest meat cleaver in an accident. Pretty much a design failure on all fronts.

• i_prefer_sasquatch says:

The designers of this should be forced to ride it across the Bay Bridge everyday to work for a week.

It might give them some insight on the phenomenon commonly referred to as “cross-breeze.”

Just sayin’

Looks easy to work on, too.

• Bilir_kisi says:

I am a REAL designer and I say: this is total bullshit. I dont even call it a design.

It is as if a noob 3dsmax user modelled sthg and said “this could be a bike if I put wheels under it” Retard!

• piment says:

j’adore…excellent

• Lim says:

Looking out from the comments…… This design comes out with a NO… XD

• Nacon says:

national disgrace….

• Kamil says:

really great

• Locry says:

uhhhhhh… why is this even here? it’s uhhhhhhhh…. ugly and pretty useless. Those who think otherwise are just trying too hard to be “artsy-fartsy”… bleh… sorry…

• namcobandaigames says:

Hey, nice. So get up to speed in a straight line on that ting and then try and turn it…. Oops!
    And when you crash, those knfie edges will prep you nicely for organ donation. You IDIOTS!!

• zoosty says:

this is so weird! but somehow part of it attracts me…

• If you were a customer, will u really buy that?

• Jason says:

I’m not a designer, so I fail to see the appeal of the form.

I am an engineer and motorcycle rider, so I can speak to the function.

There are no provisions for the rider’s legs – it appears as though the fairing bulges and would cause the rider to spread his legs to an uncomfortable position.

Many motorcycles are air-cooled and rely on airflow over the engine to prevent overheating. Even the water-cooled ones need airflow through the radiator.

There isn’t enough room for all the articulation the suspension will see during riding – look specifically at area like the handlebar slots.

The front appears to be a scoop that would prove very unwieldy during turns.

There isn’t any appearance of anything functional other than some cheesy lights that wouldn’t be sufficient for riding.

To me, it appears as though this bike was designed by Ikea.

• hosh says:

calm yourselves, its a concept, and if you go to the design firms website, all their stuff is outlandish…and its on purpose.

• davi says:

@hosh, yeah, i totally agree with you.
    it’s pure brainstorming turned into objects.
    as the main part of the projects designed by nonobject
    you functional designers, calm down!
    and try to take inspiration from ideas that could seem stupid but they express a way to break the rules we all are used to.

regz

• this bike is the worst looking thing ive ever seen. anyone tht ends up with one is a fucking tool!