DIY Phone Assembly

The Easy Tiles phone looks to be a standard S60 based cell except that auspicious exterior has be scratching my had. See, the entire shell is made of tiles – tiles you can customize and slide around for a one of a kind look. Replace and update them as often as you like.

The design is a little cheap looking but the concept is sound. I can imagine services like flickr offering custom printing services for these tiles.

Designer: Tzu-Fu Wang

• Nacon says:

ok that’s getting dumb….. what if you drop it? then you’d have to rebuild them all over again.

• Shiella says:

Seems my 2 years old niece will love it…She likes colorful things 🙂

• Tango says:

unusual for a 2 year old to like colourful things.
      but those 2 years olds definetly need mobiles to keep in contact with each other

• NEKOMANEX says:

same concept as the infobar by naoto fukasawa.
    but it’s better than that, i think.

• andrew says:

I’d love to see this phone get dropped.

• ninja says:

I don’t believe that is an S60 interface although it does look like one. One way you can tell is by the resolution. Standard S60 (the theme suggests S60 3rd Ed) will run on 320×240 or 240×320 QVGA resolutions but there are exceptions in a couple handsets (N90 and N80). Also the left/right softkey menu options are missing … it may say “OPTIONS” and “EXIT” etc.

As for those weird icons…

• ninja says:

Forgot to add but the designer’s Chinese so you might want to watch out for those cheap knock-offs.

• Since they are simpler, this way of earning extra cash will be
    much smaller than making money with Ad – Sense. In fact, I honestly believe that
    everybody is a beginner when they try to keep up with the changes.
    Mothers of young children have always made up the main part of the home based workforce,
    but other groups such as disabled people, senior citizens, and people
    living in isolated communities also need ways to make an
    income from home.

• At this time it looks like Drupal is the best blogging platform available right now.
    (from what I’ve read) Is that what you are using on your blog?