Tree That Grows Water

My my, these Korean designers just never run out of ideas. The latest is a Water Tree. Hear us out. Imagine a pendent lamp over your dining room table. Now imagine if that lamp had fruit. Imagine if that fruit held water. And while we’re at it lets say that water is filtered. That’s the Water Tree concept.

You never have to leave the dining table when thirsty. All you do is reach up and pull one of the “fruits”. Just remember blue ones are cold, red ones are hot. And don’t forget to put them back to get a refill. But sensei, how do I know when the filter needs a changing? Grasshopper, just pay attention to the color changing fruit. If they’re grey, then obviously it’s time.

Just a concept for now but an intriguing one. A clever attempt at combining the natural with artificial.

Designer: Woo Seok Park, Jin Hee Kim & Hyung Kim

• Aaron says:

So, you run your water line into the ceiling of your dining room?

• wow…I’m confused. You run water from your ceiling in your dinning room, into these balls, there’s some sort of indicator of temperature somewhere (on top?) and if it is on top how do I see it from when I’m sitting. Then I drink form these balls and put them back? then have water drip on me because I spilt some over the edge while drinking.

I’ll pass.

• harley says:

Wow this is really nice!

• Man says:

What the Fxx~!

• wwwo says:

I think that the best way of collecting water would by putting a dehumidifier in the lamp , not running an extra waterline.

overall this is nice concept and looks great.
    However I don’t feel it would be overly useful.

• K says:

useless, uncomfotable

• Ccoldsmoke says:

Unimpressive. Make it distribute booze and then we can talk. I’ll install one in every room.

• prodmod says:

I think this idea can be expanded for restaurants. I always hate waiting for my waiter to refill my water glass. I would rather pour it myself from a spout on the side of the booth perhaps, like a refrigerator door water spout. They can leave a pitcher on the table but there is no space on a NYC table these days.
    Having it above my head is a bit unique but I think with a few tweaks it can find a use.
    I would just be cautious of hanging hot water over my head. And there would have to be a very neat and clean way of bringing the water to your glass without any drips.
    But that’s what engineers are for 😉

P.S. when I first saw the photo I thought there was a pool of water magically suspended inside the lamp, now that would be really cool.

• han sang woo says: