Sustainable Flash Memory Card Holder

We all know there are way too many flash memory card formats out there. At last I count I believe there are at least 9 of them. Normally I try to stick with SD or Micro SD cards but sometimes that’s not possible so what’s one to do when transporting all those easily lost cards? Get a memory card holder.

Designer Tom Kenworthy envisages a sustainable 3 tier sliding holder made from recycled vending cups. It only takes 7 plastic cups to make one holder. It’s lightweight, small, and can be colored to your heart’s desire. You might not need to carry your memory cards everywhere but at the very least this is a great way to keep them all in one place.

Designer: Tom Kenworthy

• Jules says:

This is great. Where can I buy one?

• P says:

this is really cool. you can only make so many t-shirts from recycled drinking vessels before it gets kinda boring. glad to see a new direction.
    I loved my old digital concepts flash card holder, it was much better than carrying them loose in my bag, but then again, not as cool as this by far (aesthetically or functionally).

When i first saw it though, it though “oh my god, someone’s designed a quadruple slider phone.” lol

• Fe. Køs! says:

Hi Designer!

I loved your idea!

Could I be your beta tester???

I'ld like a lot!

I live in Brazil and nobody knows this kind of designer!

And we need a lot!

I wait for reply!

Fe. Ks

• Fe. Køs! says:

Hi Designer!

I loved your idea!

Could I be your beta tester???

I’ld like a lot!

I live in Brazil and nobody knows this kind of designer!

And we need a lot!

I wait for reply!

Fe. Køs

• TC says:

Love your design, totally too cool, when do you think your concept will become a product that I can purchase? I want it!!

• ANKIT says:

Superb kit! Smart design.
    I would like to buy this product, Pls confirm from where I can get this?

• far says:

ok. i NEED this now.

the thing is, i only have 1 kind of card, SD cards. most of my gadgets use that.
    maybe you could do something about it.

from singapore.

• paisley says:

i suppy memory cards with good quality and competitive price, if get interesting ,pls mail to me. kuangyx@youlen.com

• kean says:

I think this is an awesome idea, however i think to maximize its functionality, you should have the inner trays that hold the memory cards, replaceable so for people that have more than one micro SD…can put a micro SD specific tray in the case, allowing them to hold all of their micro sd’s instead of just one.

also a little spring powered rod or foot as u slide the top part to the left, so that when the case is completely extended and open it wont tilt over. the little food that slides out form underneath the top will keep it upright, and will fold back in when closing it.

i’m not sure if you could see my email, but you could you let me know what program you used to make this?

• broccoli89 says:

Very clean design. How many people have to carry around that many different types of memory cards? I know some people that carry two or three but not any more that that.

• broccoli89 says: