Not Just An Eraser, It’s Ultraser

Dry erase boards are fun and I’m not just talking about sniffing markers. I’m talking about writing anything you want without getting your hands all chalky and erasing it whenever you want. Problem is those rectangular dry erasers aren’t exactly ergonomic, especially when you have a huge board to clean. That’s where the Ultraser steps in.

Truth be told, it’s just a plastic disc with a nice big handle. You slip the dry eraser underneath and have at it. I’m not sure how this design makes an eraser “ultra” but hey, if it keeps my hands from getting hurt, I’ll try one.

Designer: Jaehyung Hong

• Jake says:

Would be even better if it could hang on the little marker shelf at the bottom of the board, of if you could store markers in it.

• M says:

umm….it does nothing but provide a handle for an existing eraser…..is this just another way to get rid of all that recycled plastic nobody has a use for?

• Jeremiah Britt says:

It says “automatic eraser”. I’m guessing it’s a powered device that spins the eraser for some reason.

• Matze says:

what’s next??? An electronic toilet brush?
    Good design means to avoid products…

• jin woo han says:

Too big..Why shoud it have a round shape?
    Usually eraser is placed on the front of the black board.
    Does it hang on the wall ??

• Elliuotatar says:

I’m pretty sure what they’re not telling you here is that the bottom of the thing spins, so it cleans a circular area wherever you move it. That’s the part which would make it “automatic”.

I’d wager using this would let you clean the board faster and better than wiping it by hand. It’s a bit gimmicky though.

• Saifds says:

I’m going to buy this for one of my former high school teachers, where she has trouble erasing everything on the board, while leaving some areas unerased.

• Lorne says:

When I saw the picture I just assumed it would have some kind of built-in scanner which would automatically record everything on the board as you erased it.
    So, yeah, that’s a bit of a letdown, even if it does have a little motor in it that spins the brushie.

• sadi야인 says:

굿!

예전 IDEO워크샵때 멤버쉽분인거 같군요~!
    얀코에 올린 자료 다봤는데 Thinking이 좋으신거 같아요..
    앞으로의 작업도 기대됩니다! ^^ ㅎㅎ

• sadi야인 says:

굿!

예전 IDEO워크샵때 멤버쉽분인거 같군요~!
    얀코에 올린 자료 다봤는데 Thinking이 좋으신거 같아요..
    앞으로의 작업도 기대됩니다! ^^ ㅎㅎ

• PJ says:

It reminds me of this board eraser which looked like an iron that I used to buy when I was an office manager.

If it is some kind of motorised device, it would be better if it could be used “hands-free” in some way.

• P says:

As it’s described it is a pretty big waste of plastic, and truth be told, i’m not sold on the ergonomic “advantage” it offers. I think a school teacher/ instructor does far more damage to their wrists writing on a board than erasing it, which most make their misbehaving students do anyway.

Honestly i got excited when i saw the thumbnail because i “just knew” that maybe the unit did something innovative like dispensed white board cleaner onto the eraser surface (which alone still leaves a streaky residue). Much room for improvement here, and aesthetically it looks like an iron.

• Sarah says:

seems a bit superfluous?

• Ian says:

This design looks fun to use, yet.. It’s just an eraser handle. Good design, nonetheless.

• karl says:

no writing in the corner though

• It has just added an extra handle on to the Eraser … I cant find any specialities in that 🙁

• Hello there! I could have sworn I’ve been to this web site before but after going through some of the articles I realized it’s new to me.
    Anyways, I’m certainly happy I discovered it and I’ll be bookmarking it and checking back often!