Tanning Benefits – A Tattoo

Ask anybody and you’re bound to get varying opinions on tan lines. I myself don’t have a problem with it, unless it’s that weird arm one. For some reason that irks me. The next time you tan, why not grab a Sun Tattoo and put those UV rays into good use. The soft stenciled patterns allows sun to hit only certain areas on your body. Bake long enough and you’ve got yourself a very unique tan. Of course I can’t endorse tanning since for the most part is dangerous but if you’re one whom can’t stay away from the sun and have a wild flair for the unusual, you might like this.

Designer: Yu-Chiao Wang

• Jeremiah Britt says:

What stops the fabric from shifting on the skin? It would be disappointing to lay there for 15 minutes, sneeze, finish tanning and then look like you have a pigmentation disorder.

• shanna says:

i invented tantoo in 2000. & i have had a pattent on it since 2002. email me [email protected] or my lawyer will be contacting you. thank you -shanna

• Zook says:

… you have a patent on what exactly?

The absence of UV radiation? or the UV radiation itself?
        Where is the product ?
        Is your patent an international patent? (what is your Patent number)
        Have you ever produced a proof of concept?

I dont mean to be a dick about it but “email me [email protected] or my lawyer will be contacting you” seems a bit heavy handed considering there is little or no chance you could claim tan marks as a concept you designed and produce some form of IP behind it.

But then again what do I know 😛

• Steve says:

Good Luck with that unless you own the rights to the concept of Masking you have little or no case

• John says:

I think to be able to claim a patent, you have to be able to actually spell the word correctly. There may also be some kind of capitalization requirement as well. But maybe that’s the job of the lawyer. 🙂

• Jonathan says:

I’m already selling these by the millions and you’ll never see a penny MUAHAHAHA! everyone is gonna look to me like I created the, what’d you call it, a tan? Jeeze you Japanese people sure are creative, always one step ahead. haha a “tan” what’ll they think of next? The “Haircut” ha, now we’re talking crazy.

• YOURE LAME says:

IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY AT THE DESIGN ON HER BACK. IT’S DIFFERENT ON EACH PICTURE. THE CURL ON THE TOP ALMOST LOOKS LIKE IT HAS BEEN MIRRORED WHICH WOULD NOT HAPPEN IF IT WAS A TAN. I CALL BS, IT WOULD TAKE MORE THAN 15 MIN TO TAN, ALSO THE BIG FLOWER ON HER LOWER BACK HAS BEEN ROTATED SO IT FACES UPWARD INSTEAD OF DOWNWARD.

WASTE OF TIME AND PUTS YOU IN THE RISK OF SKIN CANCER, SAGGY WRINKLY SKIN IN ABOUT 20 YEARS. YOU’LL REGRET IT.

• YOURE LAME TOO says:

I LIKE CAPS! WOOHOO!I DON’T KNOW THAT TANNING BEDS TAKE LESS TIME TO TAN THAN THE BEACH! I’M A VAMPIRE AND A TAN WILL INSTANTLY KILL ME!

• Ian says:

This is just a concept. The point they are trying to make is that the cloth blocks some UV rays, thus creating patterns. Who cares if it isn’t exactly the same as what the first picture shows?

• andrew says:

Interesting…

^^ looks like she taped the cloth to hold it in place

• jiveturkey says:

I used to do wild designs on my body with sunscreen when I was in high school and eventually made some stencils and yes, if you move, you blur. The tape loosens up after just a few minutes from the sweat that invariably develops from the sun’s influence.

• Garr says:

Did anyone notice that the tan design on the bare model does not even come close to matching the design of the cloth photo? Um. . .this is BS!

• Ben says:

Admiral Ackbar says:

“IT’S A TRAP^H^H^H^H^H^HPHOTOSHOPPED!”

• meta vaux says:

this is really cool, but what if it turns into a cancer tattoo, permanent paisley cancer? choose wisely.

• melvin says:

like…….sick……

• Erik says:

This patterns aren’t even the same. Take a close look. This is not for real.

• billa says:

If it shown from the front side also.. it is good.. so that we can have a clear idea… if possible we can buy….. including the model…

• coka says:

ESA FOTO ES DE MENTIRA… PORQUE LA MUJER TIENE OTRA POLERA PUSTA.. LOS DIBUJOS DE SU ESPALDA NO CALSAN CON LOS DE LA POLERA ROTA. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Joshen says:

This should work! I asume that they use spray tanning it only takes a couple of seconds and last for a couple of weeks.

Could be fun for a party

• COURTNEY says:

THIS IS COOL

• carl says:

Are our self esteems so low that a dire attempt to improve them lies with temporary body manipulation. This is reflective of the vain ‘look at me’ society.

i am not a fan but have more respect for someone with a tattoo at least that is perminant, this is for whimps

• abple says:

I love Tatto..This is a great idea .

• Pacifica says:

Interesting technique.

Oh – and it’s a different model in each of the shots, guys.

And -not- a trap *eye-roll at the sad 4Chan reference* old stuff is old already – give it up.

From experience: this works best when done with a tanning bed, not out in the sun. I used to print small “tatts” for my girlfriend on clear acetate. It generally sticks to the skin (a dab with a damp towel got it started, light sweat kept it in place) and doesn’t move if you don’t shift around. After 2-3 sessions on the bed you could clearly see the “tattoo” in her skin. Done this way you can get some fairly intricate designs (I never tried anything the size of what these folks are doing though).

BTW – this also makes a GREAT practical joke to play on people who fall asleep in the sun or while tanning. You print up a “cattle brand” and set it on them while they doze. When they wake up they’ll be branded! (Image Google “cattle brand” for ideas and images). ;-p

• Sorrona says:

I’m not really sure why a lot of you are freakin about skin cancer. Millions of people sun tan and tan in beds and just a few times really will not kill you. Anything in excess will I’m sure, but not doing the tanttoo a few times.

• Emma says:

This seems a little wierd to me…. I find it looks better when you use a small sticker covering the un-tanned skin, creating a cute design.

• Sun Tattoos, seem to be the new thing this summer… But never have I seen one of this scale.

• Evening says:

I love this idea… we have been doing this for years, starting off with different shaped stickers on our skin in varrying places and removing them after being in the sun… and using tape cut into different spirals and forming them around our arms… this takes it one step further… How do you keep the coat on though without it shifting? O_o if you use glue, it would be uncomfortable and feel like you’re baking in it. It looks loike it too loose fitting. How do you keep it from not moving; one slight move of the arm and the image will become complete obscured and ugly

• Jeff says:

The friggin tan doesn’t match the product…BOGUS

• Noah says:

Why exaclty are you guys all so skeptical about this design? It’s not like this is impossible stuff here, did you even consider that they may have a few of these robes with different designs? They could have just gotten the pictures mixed up, grow some common sense guys.

• allyk says:

what if u already hav a darn tan, that will never show up on me 🙁

• marlon egghead says:

yeah, the photos don’t match but i don’t think it was meant to fool anyone, just as sample because you can get a sun tattoo- hasn’t anyone ever played a joke by putting a partial cloth on person laying down lmao!!! this does work but not very healthy method of tanning, might as well put an egg on your back and let it fry too hahahaha!!!!

• Hartigan says:

Interesting, I was planning to do a TanTatoo on myself this summer and today I found this. (although I already had my Ideas 🙂

By the way, Who cares about the pictures not matching…even if they have mixed up the pic…isn’t this web a place to share/show ideas?

How is this more dangerous that sunbathing shirtless !!! If you going to get Skin Cancer you will get it anyway…hahaha!

M.

• memo says:

where can i bay this tanning t-shirt ??

• Anana Mouse says:

This is not tanning! This is a Henna Tattoo!

• Ur gay says:

theres no way you can patent something like this. Its art, its freedom of expression and I am going to get in the business. so fuck off

• Sophie says:

That’s really different design of tattoo but there is no way that every body like that kind of patent on their body.