The World’s First COOL Wheelchair

Inspired by a spinal injury of his own, designer Andrew Florence set out to redesign the wheelchair as we know it. The result is the Carbon Black Wheelchair. Made by F1 engineers from F1 spec carbon fiber, the sleek and sexy design aims to not only enhance usability with lightness and rigidity, but change the existing perceptions of wheelchairs and their users. It’s the ultimate in medical mobility for independent users to whom style matters as much as practicality. I hope I never need one, but if I do… I hope I’m rolling in this!

Carbon fiber proved to be the ideal material as the chair had to be minimal and lightweight as well as robust enough for everyday use. The unique monocoque design can be built to bespoke measurements. This monocoque structure also does not have a separate frame – the seat itself is a key part of the structure, creating the strongest, stiffest chair possible, using the least components possible.

Designer: Andrew Slorance

• Yi says:

COOL!!! We need more wheelchair like this! Well, I hope I dont need it.

• Ki-peum says:

sleek and smart.

• Phil says:

Kudos to the designer for considering the needs of those who struggle with wheelchairs. This is really good.

• gogreen says:

wow….F1 engineers have contributed to this….it definitely does not get better than this.

• Ko-woon says:

what a sleek and smart design….kudos to the designer.

• Kim says:

brilliant beyond words. thumbs up to the genius behind this creation.

• Hyun-woo says:

speechless. This has warmed my heart.

• Kevin says:

wow and double wow! but wont this be expensive given the expensive materials?

• huma says:

genius! the thought and the design!

• HARYO BAGUS HANDOKO says:

Hi,
    Can you please donate 1 single unit of your magnificent unique prototype products for me?
    Just curious and wondering if you interested to build your eco safe water treatment for rivers, lakes, straits and off shore ocean in our island and other islands in Indonesia and the pacific and water power plant and solar panel field power plant in all drough regions in Java and other islands in Indonesia to energize our islands and whole Indonesia and your floating factories above the sea straits? Can you please work hand in hand with China and America to build anti tsunamie fortress wall from Thailand to java to Australia to protect our archipelago from unfortunate disasterous tsunamie? Can you please install more ocean turbines power plant and ocean wind turbines power plant to energize our island for free?

By the way, can you please donate 1 unit of your product (electric scooter or electric bike and electric autonavigation car) for free for me and 1 unit or more electric water technology and solar panel technology metro train and subway for more citi villages and more electric water tech fuel buses to substitute all fossil fuel buses and trucks, along with paid tax, paid shipping? If you do that, I would very appreciate it. You can build your and ours floating eco safe villages and housings for many javanese and inuits civilians for billion years to come to the south poles to make java island as gigantic gondwana land protected by gigantic ocean sea walls fortress?

Regards,

Haryo Bagus Handoko.
    Jl. Danau Luar C4D/25.
    Perumnas Sawojajar.
    Malang 65138.
    East Java.
    Indonesia.

+62 0341 719177
    haryobagushandoko.scientist@gmail.com

• Nahue says:

How about costs? is it affordable for handicapped people?