Sweaty In The Shower

Before they hit the showers, many people like to pump a bit of iron, even if it’s just to stay in shape. Building on this idea, designers Hong Ruei-Hong & Lin Pin-I came up with the idea to integrate exercise with taking a shower. I like the idea of this Bana Bender mix, especially for those folks who always look for an excuse to stay away from the gym. You don’t even need to include an extra 5 minutes or something…. just pump your arms while you bathe!

The over-sized shower nozzle is a piece of elastic, bendable device. Holding the handles on both sides of the “Bana Bender”, you can work on your upper-body and take a shower at the same time.

Designers: Hong Ruei-Hong & called Lin Pin-I

• Jarosław Ciupiński says:

what about saving water?

• OBJKT says:

Don’t get it…This is how I see it.

– as stated earlier it wastes water alone due to size of it, let alone if you keep it on while excercising
      – it has to weigh a bit, so it automaticly excludes children and elderly from using it
      – it’s huge so it cannot be fitted into regular showercabins or used in one
      – should you attempt any real excercise you get the aftersweat and in worst case go have a second round just showering
      – who are the focus group? I don’t really see athletic people buying it, let alone the ones who don’t excercise
      – kinda like the plain shower idea, meaning that having a larger showerhead that can be fitted in different positions would provide various shower options (standard, massage, body etc.)

Get a pair of plastic dumbbells if you feel like excercising in the shower, I’d bet they would be more versatile.

• Adam says:

What about after sweating?

• sharon says:

Is this concept suppose to be trendy?? I mean..we could go on and on about product ideas.. treadmill in the shower, smoothie blender in the shower.

• sikiş says:

That is a great idea.

• anon says:

I agree with everyone else. Again, as it seems with a lot of things on the site, the designer came up with an interesting idea but failed to see it’s massive flaws.

I didn’t know it’s called “after sweat”, but I know after I exercise I have to wait to shower otherwise I’m still sweating when I come out of the shower. You need to cool down.

This looks like it would be a bit of a pain to shower with (not enough room). Besides, the world wants to conserve water, not waste it. Kind of like washing your car in a dust storm.

• Seamus Dubh says:

Do you really want to be doing these types of motions on a slippery wet floor.

• Maryline says:

I was liking this concept until I read all the valid points in the comments. I do a couple push ups when I wake up and squats while brushing my teeth, nothing extream, no sweat, so sweat wouldn’t be a problem. My biggest problem would be doing this on a slippery wet floor.

• Pingback: Bana Bender