Heliboarding Copter?

Have you heard of heliboarding? I haven’t but apparently it’s the hot new thing with adventurists. The AvA 299 DROP is a helicopter designed to take crazy snowboarders to locations not accessible by normal lifts. The entire cabin can lower them just enough to leap out and carve their stake across a mountain. The coaxial rotor blades spin in opposite directions to provide more power and negates the need for a tail rotor for stabilization. The design also addresses a number of problems with single blade rotors. Hit the jump!

• Settling with power – Reduced
  • Retreating blade stall – Reduced
  • Medium frequency vibrations – Reduced
  • High frequency vibrations – None
  • Anti-torque system failure in forward flight – Eliminated
  • Anti-torque system failure while hovering – Eliminated

The reduction and elimination of these hazards are the strong points for the safety of coaxial rotor design.

Designer: Timon Sager

• Johnny says:

It's cheaper just to give the National Guard pilots a 30-rack of beer in exchange for a ride into the back-country.

• Arno Wolff says:

Its like Toy-Design! That Heli will never fly.
    The diameter of the rotors is too small. The distance to each other too small. And where is the engine (turbine)?

• Melchior says:

The rotors seem fine, they are probably way too big. If you look at the rotors of other coaxial rotor helicopters the size of the rotors is about the size of the body. I agree with the “mechanical” part, there is need of 2 huge turbines wich seem to lack and the distance between the rotors is indeed way too small! Finally the looks of it are just hidious..

• christian says:

I am totally in agreement with both previous comments. Why do all of these great vehicle designs completely fail to account for where a fuel tank would go? Why does it have a brake light in the rear? Where are the anti-collision lights? The ground points? I could go on but I will just restate something I have said in the past. Take some mechanical engineering classes and then go back to designing.

• Melchior says:

• milhjjht says:

its so fuuny ,this idea has'nt any engineering base

• Andy says:

It's the helicopter equivalent of your comment, which has no English base. To paraphrase Christian: “take some English classes and then go back to leaving comments.”

• Bertarasa says:

Интересно, спасибо.

• Bertarasa says:

Интересно, спасибо.

• Jawja Boy says:

It's solar powered? My very first thought Christian, but I can't ascertain why my nephew hasn't expanded his life long goal to manage a Chic-Fil-A. Hell, after working at the chicken house while in high school I believe I'd want to try anything, or maybe figuring out where the gas tank should be, or how to make this bird all electric, ect. Well I'm old now, and will probably be nothing but dead space before it flies probably all Ethanol 100%, at $25 a gal. Well solar might have been better. Who canned that idea, probably big oil companies again, or was it the president ,ect. Damn, I had it right with the first three words. Sorry.

• Jawja Boy says:

• mjk says:

Look great but I can’t see this flying without a tail rotor.

• mjk says:

Look great but I can’t see this flying without a tail rotor.

• Lepton says:

“Solar powered”… some people here should need to take “reality” crash courses, or a chair in the face. Because, unless you’re 8yo, it’s not normal to assume stuff like these. Even on meth

• I could noot resist commenting. Well written!

• Harriett says:

Hi there every one, here every one is sharing these kinds of experience, therefore it’s fastidious to read
    this website, and I used to go tto see this blog everyday.

• Clinton says:

Very good post. I certainly love this website. Thanks!

• I read this post completely about the resemblance of latest and previous technologies,
    it’s remarkable article.

• Been listening to house for over a decade and this is proper, proper house; groovy, banging and intelligent with a
    great flow and a great atmosphere.