One Pot, Two Lives

No drugs! Only fishes and plants. Not weed! Thought I bet it’d be extra cool if-no! This is a planter and a fishtank. You put your regularly potted plant in this pot on top, and a goldfish on the bottom. What could they provide for eachother, you might ask? Waste! Yes, the fishes turn their eaten bait remnants into nutrients for the plant, while the water fed to the plant is filtered as it passes though and becomes clean for the fish. It is a totally natural and lovely system.

Let us discuss something – the size. Do you think this tank is too small? I’ve got a bit of a concern for that little fishy, but what are your standards for a gold?

Using this system of cycling materials keeps the fish poo from staying in the water long enough to turn it acidic. It also can reduce the use of chemical substance such as nitrifying bacteria and other materials, “maintaining the steady neutral PH quality of the water.”

Benefits!

The soil remains humid, extending the watering period by about one week.

The product’s middle layer is the filter layer, which accumulates fertilizer as the nutrient for outdoor pot plant.

So… I’m also adding this to my gift list.

Course Director: Dr. Hsien-Hui TANG @ NTUST Design Dept.

Designers: Sheng-Zhe Feng and Ling-Yuan Chou

Circulating by Sheng-Zhe Feng and Ling-Yuan Chou

circulating02

Shares 216.2K

• Jill Duffield says:

Can you please tell me where I could purchase a One pot Two Lives fish bowl? I am in Australia.
    Thanks a lot
    Cheers
    Jill Duffield

• Tyler Poulton says:

Same situation as J.D.- Is this just a design, or has it been made ? Because I desperately want to buy one !

• alex says:

hi,
    i would like to know if you sell the aquarium with green.

Let me know

Kind regards,
    Alex

• Shannon Rogers says:

Please tell me where I can purchase this awesome gift. Want it for Christmas and more than one. Thanks

• Robert says:

Wow! That’s really a cool Idea. Is it possible to buy it somewhere??

• Nika says:

That’s not enough volume for a fish. Even a betta needs at least a gallon of water. A goldfish, which should grow to be 6-10 inches at maturity and poops almost constantly, needs at least a 5 gallon as a tiny baby, and at least 20 gallons in adulthood.

Even though they’re not as smart as dogs and cats, fish are still living things. As humans it’s our responsibility to educate ourselves and take responsibility for the lives that are completely in our control.

• Danielle says:

Hi my name is Danielle and i’m brazilian. I’ve been looking to buy this product’s been a year. can you help me showing me a website where I can buy It?
    Tks

• Salina says:

Hi i m from hong kong n would like to get one. Pls let me know where to buy it. Thx!

• Faith Mattison says:

Please tell me how to order the plant/fish tank……thanks!

• Mona says:

Please tell me how to order/ purchase this plant/fish tank?? Thank you waiting for a reply 😊

• Taylyn says:

Where can I but one of these in Canada? Or where can I order from online??